Your Team Responsibilities
You will have opportunity to work on innovative financial applications utilizing the latest technologies and will be responsible for understanding client risk and performance measurement and reporting requirements and helping build solutions to meet their needs. As part of MSCI’s Managed Solutions team, you will contribute towards a broad set of objectives including not only delivering on client data management solutions, but also developing best practices to be applied to all projects and operating procedures that drive efficiencies in the way the team operates.What We Will Offer You
Your Key Responsibilities
- At MSCI, we provide competitive benefits programs in every region in which we do business. While our benefits plans vary in availability in our different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as a MSCI employee. Wherever you are with us, you will find benefits that can help ensure your health and well-being and contribute to your financial security.
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
The Managed Solutions’ Client Data Analyst (DA) role engages stakeholders to understand client data requirements and is responsible for data processing related to the acquisition and integration of client data into MSCI’s analytical platforms. The DA will engage in the following activities related to client portfolio data:
Your Skills And Experience That Will Help You Excel
- Facilitate client data access/distribution authorization
- When applicable, serve as third-party client data providers’ point of contact
- SFTP set-up
- Collaborate with the client implementation team to evaluate efficacy of client’s data given the required use-cases
- Provider, Feed, and Client Workflow configurations
- Collaborate with the implementation team to determine if MSCI modelling capabilities are fit for client’s use-cases
- Reviewing output: functional modeling per asset class and reconciliation of raw versus integrated/modeled data
- Contributing to the team’s data quality assurance/diagnostics library
- Advise on-going delivery team on enhancements of existing clients’ data processing configurations
- Learn and then enhance team’s standard operating procedures/best practices
How We’ll Support You
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Information Technology; degree in financial data analytics/data science a plus
- Experience with SQL, Python, Git, JIRA, and Agile project development practices is a plus
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience (including internships)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-lingual: excellent English speaking/writing skills required to engage with a global team and clients
- Strong analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills. Solid analytical background is desired
- Driven by working in an environment that combines finance and technology
- Certifications such as CFA or FRM will be an added advantage
About MSCI And Our Teams
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.