bookingkit is a growing company and already we are Europe’s leading booking and reservation management software for tours and activity providers. Our 2025 strategy is set in stone and we have challenged ourselves to digitise and revolutionise the Tours, Activities & Attractions market directly.
We need YOU, to propel us in this journey as we #trust in you and your ambition to be one of us. In return, we give you transparency and ownership so that you #grow with us and we rely on each other for the success of bookingkit.
At bookingkit, we believe experiences arise from community. This is why we work together as a group of currently 80 people with diverse backgrounds - sharing our common goal of creating an environment for every team member to grow as an individual and professional. #bookingkindness
Too hard to believe? Check out our Kununu and Glassdoor ratings
Our Vision and Mission
We already know where we want to be in 3 years and the impact we want to have in 10 years:
bookingkit's vision is to create a world where our technology makes operating and marketing experiences easy and fun.
Our mission is to make bookingkit the most integrated booking technology for professional European attractions.
Our Tech Stack
Python, SQL, dbt, Airflow, Gitlab, Metabase, AWS, Jira, Salesforce
So we are looking for you as a Junior Data Engineer (m/f/d) to work full-time with us starting immediately!
Your Day-to-Day Work In This Role
- Design, build and deploy data pipelines integrating product and third party tool data to improve the current data architecture and enable other analysts for reporting needs.
- Monitoring data pipelines and performing regular quality checks to ensure data accuracy and reliability.
- Participating in code reviews and contributing to the development of data transformation pipelines.
- Troubleshooting and resolving data-related issues promptly to minimize disruptions to business operations.
- Participate in discussions/decisions regarding future engineering direction; as well as evaluation, prioritization and elimination of technical debt
- Engage with other teams to understand the business processes to find bottlenecks, improve and maintain the data quality
- Partner with engineers and business process owners to build data products and solutions for multiple departments such as sales, account management and marketing
- 100% remote work possible!
We Are Match If:
- 2+ years of experience in Data Engineering, ETL, Data Warehousing or other data movement applications
- 2+ years of experience in the design, development, testing and integration of high complex software
- Proficiency in SQL for data querying and manipulation.
- Dashboard/Reporting tool experience (Power BI, Metabase, Tableau,...)
- Ability to articulate complex topics and present them in a concise and very clear way
- Ability to take ambiguity and reduce complexity
- English at a business fluent level
Extra Awesome If:
- Experience with dbt, or similar tool, for data transformation and modeling.
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow for workflow orchestration.
Our Team Setup
Our Business Intelligence team: Diego (Business Intelligence Lead / Data Engineer), Talat (WS Data Analyst), Ciprian (Salesforce Administrator), Ayush (Executive Assistant / Data Analyst)
Perks and Benefits
- 100% remote work: We have a remote work setup. Do you like to work from the office? So do several of our colleagues -- you can join them in our sunny office in Berlin. There is also a very generous Mobile Working policy allowing you to work from almost anywhere for a portion of the year!
- Corporate Discounts: We take part in company discount programs with partners and other startups, e.g. GetYourGuide.
- Flat Communication: Open communication and accessibility between teams and leads is how we operate at bookingkit.
- Annual Private Travel Subsidy: We are part of the tourism, events, and travel industry - so obviously travel is great! Even in our current times, we subsidize private travel with up to 150€ annually per bookingkid.
- Public Transportation Subsidy: We subsidize public transportation costs in EU countries with a flat fee. Depending on location this can be up to 50% of the total transportation cost.
- Gym Subsidy: We subsidize Urban Sports Club memberships to stay active and fit for bookingkids in Germany.
- Team Events: Our bookingkit BBQ in Berlin is a tradition that we offer multiple times in the year! Beyond that, we have summer and winter events to meet in person. Even ex-bookingkids come back to catch up with us on event days!
- Extra Charity Day: We love it when bookingkids are involved in charity work. We support you with one extra day of leave for charity work.
Our Interview Steps
1. People And Culture Screening Call (30 minutes) with Stephanie, COO.
2. Hiring Manager Interview (30 minutes) with Diego, Business Intelligence Lead.
3. Case Study Presentation (60 minutes) with Diego, Business Intelligence Lead + another team member.
4. Meet The Team (15 minutes) with the entire Business Intelligence team.