As an integral member of the Capital Planning Team, the Capital Planning Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support focusing on capital planning. This position requires the ability to handle a large volume of information and data sets, excellent data analysis and interpretation skills and a strong commitment to data integrity. All duties are conducted in support of and under the supervision of the Capital Planning Program Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Capital Planning Program Manager in developing and recommending the capital plan and budget, and executing capital plan deliverables
- Responsible for data integrity of capital planning data within information management systems, including BGIS’s proprietary systems
- Compiles and maintains large volume of capital planning data within information management systems to support various reporting, benchmarking and analytical requirements.
- Triages and tracks project requests made by the client, facility management and project management teams
- Identifies projects from building condition assessment data and recommends accurate scopes of work, justifications and high level estimates
- Evaluates cost estimates for cyclical maintenance, replacement and repair of building components and systems gathering information from previous tenders, projects and consulting reports
- Executes ad-hoc calculations and analysis based on client requests to assist with business communication and decision making
- Supports delivering capital plans used to meet KPI’s and contract deliverables.
- Collaborates in process improvement initiatives and implementation of new processes
- Partners with the client and various departments/teams to continuously refine and implement asset assessment management processes and tools
- Oversees the Capital Planning Data Coordinator’s day-to-day activities
- Train field personnel and system users in the correct operation of business tools, processes and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, JOB-RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM EDUCATION: University graduation or professional certification (e.g. P. Eng, CMA, CGA or equivalent courses)
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: More than three years up to five years
Knowledge & Skills
- 3 to 5 years of experience in capital planning, asset management, data analytics or related disciplines
- Ability to handle a large volume of information and accurate management of large data sets
- Very strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
- Strong computer skills including the ability to learn new software programs
- Understands the goals of the asset assessment program
- Knowledge of technical standards and process in completing asset assessments, building condition inspections etc.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Professional Engineering Designation from Professional Engineers of Ontario, an asset
- Accreditation to work in specific assessment management software, an asset
- LEED Certification from Canada Green Building Council, an asset