, global medical technology company, we design and make technology that takes the limits of living, and we help healthcare professionals achieve the same goal. Together we improve life, while also improving performance. This formed the basis for our purpose, #LifeUnlimited, and our culture pillars of Care, Collaboration, and Courage.Care
means that we show empathy and understanding for each other, our customers and patients.Collaboration
means we work together as a team, based on mutual trust and respect.Courage
is about continuous learning, innovation and accountability.
Currently, we are looking for someone to join our Wrocław’s center on the position of:Data Analyst
The role develops and implements data analytics solutions to support Compliance program effectiveness through enabling early identification of potential Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC) risks; supporting investigations into alleged violations of policies; and facilitating targeted audit and assessment of S+N businesses.
The role will be responsible for ensuring the provision of timely and accurate data regarding key Compliance metrics for inclusion in functional, executive leadership and Board reports. The reports to the Senior Compliance Manager, Analytics & Reporting.Your role:
What we are looking for:
- Responsible for executing analytics tests to monitor compliance with key Compliance program requirements and to provide early warning of potential violations or adverse trends. Conducts initial assessment of potential red flags, liaising with OEC colleagues and referring matters for investigation as required.
- Role will contribute input into the design of analytic tests to support assurance over emerging compliance risks. To be proactive at keeping oneself informed and educated of emerging compliance risks in the industry to support design of tests.
- Role will provide data to support Compliance Validation Assignments in a timely manner based on the agreed data analytic tests to be run.
- Role will prepare reports to measure the effectiveness of the global Compliance program and to measure the effectiveness of defined improvement efforts.
- Supports market-specific monitoring activities through the design and provision of bespoke data sets.
- As directed will support the preparation of reporting content for Compliance oversight committees including: Board Culture & Compliance Committee, Group Executive Compliance Committee and Regional Compliance Committees.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy and consistency of data and reports.
- Supports Investigations through the provision and analysis of data as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in data analytics, business analytics, data science, information sciences, computer science, statistics, maths or other relevant field preferred
- 2+ years of experience in an analytics type role
- 1+ year of Power BI standard & custom visual development and design experience
- Fluency in English
- Experience of working in a regulated business area
- Designer of information visualizations and dashboards
- High level of computer literacy with desktop and cloud-based productivity software such as Office365, Microsoft Office desktop applications, Microsoft Teams etc.
- Experience of working within a multi-national company would beneficial
- Experience of working with SAP and Microsoft Dynamics Axapta 2012 and working knowledge of Finance processes will be beneficial
Proficiency with the following is preferred-
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including analytical functions, formulas, pivot tables, data visualization
- Power BI Desktop specialist highly recommended including knowledge of DAX
- Programming languages SQL, Python (nice to have/evidence of using/knowledge of)
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to analyze trends, issues or red flags that may point to bribery or corruption risks.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate data into clear and concise insights for internal stakeholders.
- Engage with professionalism when working across cultures, within different levels of the organization and across different functions.
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Organised individual who is a detailed planner and capable of managing multiple activities simultaneously whilst maintaining quality of output.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy leveraging exceptional attention to detail.
Wrocław (Poland) or Hull (UK) or Costa RicaAt Smith+Nephew we offer:
private health care | multisport card/my benefit platform | life insurance
subsidies for trainings and language classes | postgraduate studies
wellbeing programs | mentoring program | CSR programs
annual bonus | company stock saving plan | recognition program
employment stability | referral bonus
possibility of working remotely | flexible working hours