We are transforming how Cisco designs and delivers the employee experience based on a culture that values an attitude of customer service, speed & agility in all we do, and is kind to each other. This role sits in the Workforce Collaboration Data Insights and Operations team passionate about telling the story of how we enable our employees globally with our tools and technology.What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team and help us in our mission to deliver an outstanding hybrid working experience for our employees. We use data to prevent problems, unmask hidden value, accelerate decisions, and drive overall employee device experience improvements.
You will work with a wide range of large datasets centered around how our employees collaborate and work.
Who You Are
- Perform root-cause analysis and data discovery to surface what matters most
- Develop performance metrics reports and dashboards/visualizations that highlight relevant trends, patterns and areas of importance
- Derive a data story or narrative behind the numbers and interpret trends/patterns
- Work with various stakeholders to understand their business needs and develop data insights that meet those needs
- Work with our data engineering team to identify and capture new datasets
- Work within a distributed team, cutting across APJC, UK, and US
You will be a tenacious problem-solver with good attention to detail and revel in translating raw data into meaningful insights. You will have outstanding communication and presentation skills with a good balance of business and technical skills. You will also pride yourself in being accountable for producing accurate and reliable statistics.
- Bachelor or master’s in Information Management, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a relevant degree
- Experience working in a Scrum Agile environment
- Demonstrated ability of working in this space
- Intermediate SQL skills/experience
- Intermediate Power BI skills/experience (including DAX)
- Some understanding of the principles of data visualisation and what makes a “good” dashboard
- Experience using Python advantageous, but not essential
- An understanding of the modern data stack
- Proactive communicator within a team and toward stakeholders/customers
- Demonstrable ability to be resourceful in learning new processes, systems, and programming languages
- Able to clearly summarise complex analytical results (or similar) to a non-technical audience
- Collaborative and open style with a constructive and positive outlook
- Able to tell compelling stories with data
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco