IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Cloud Pak® for Data is a fully-integrated data and AI platform that modernizes how businesses collect, organize and analyze data to infuse AI throughout their organizations. Cloud native by design, the platform unifies market-leading services spanning the entire analytics life-cycle. From data management, DataOps, governance, business analytics and automated AI, IBM Cloud Pak for Data helps eliminate the need for costly, and often competing, point solutions while providing the information architecture clients need to implement AI successfully.
Building on the streamlined hybrid-cloud foundation of Red Hat® OpenShift®, IBM Cloud Pak for Data takes advantage of the underlying resource and infrastructure optimization and management. The solution fully supports multi-cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud® and private cloud deployments.
The Data and AI Expert Labs organization is looking for Junior Data Engineer / Data Scientist to join the Cloud Pak for Data organization to support deployments of the technology for clients.
What you'll do as Junior Data Engineer / Data Scientist in the Expert Labs Cloud Pak for Data organization:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deploy Cloud Pak for Data for IBM clients across various platforms
- Deploy AI and Machine Learning solutions for clients on Cloud Pak for Data
- Help define Cloud Pak for Data architectures that operationalize the platform and map relevant client use cases to satisfy key stakeholders and drive business value
- Assist client development teams with Cloud Pak for Data environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information
- Leverage customer data assets to optimize profitability, grow customer relationships, improve experience and satisfy business need
- Ensure consistent data quality, establish data standards and governance, integrate data between on premise and cloud both operationally and analytically
- Optimize data retrieval and develop dashboards, reports and other visualizations for stakeholders
- Communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and deploy successful analytical solutions
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with statistical programming in a language (ex: R, SAS or Java)
- Understanding of hybrid cloud architectures and data integration needs
- Foundational OpenShift, dockers, containers knowledge
- Client facing, communications and collaboration skills
About Business Unit
- Understanding of solutions on multiple public and private clouds
- Understanding of data usage, process analysis and improvement
- Experience in open source Machine and Deep Learning frameworks, model validation and deployment tools
- Knowledge of statistical concepts
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.