HEALTH IS THE REAL WIN
Join the Analytics & Behavior Change Engineering Team and help us pioneer a bold new approach to providing CVS Members the best possible options to meet their health goals.
As an Engineer on our team, you will be participating in the design, integration, and management of large-scale pipeline workflows in both on-prem and Cloud-based Big Data platforms. You will influence our overall strategy by contributing to its architecture and its execution with your commitment to exceeding expectations, following best practices, delivering innovative results. You will partner with data engineering and infrastructure experts across the organization to deliver the data products that ultimately improve CVS Member health.Required Qualifications
- Collaborate with Analytics Engineering and supporting infrastructure teams to implement Linux-based workflow automation controlling HDFS, Hive, and other Hadoop ecosystem components to produce derived datasets.
- Design relational database tables and write SQL statements for filtering and aggregation using MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, DB2, or Oracle
- Use programming skills in Spark, Python or Java to integrate workflow inventory and workflow execution conditions and publish pipeline health status for broad visibility.
- Use troubleshooting skills to identify and correct root cause of workflow failures based on error log outputs and environmental conditions.
- Use your experience with, or awareness of, technical or procedural options to deliver innovative results that boost productivity and efficiency
- Accept, engage, and complete multiple, limited scope assignments on time and in a self-driven manner with periodic guidance and feedback
- 2+ years experience with Big Data, Cloud Native Platforms
- 2+ years experience with Linux environment, scripting, and utilities
- 2+ years experience in Java, Python, Spark, or similar
- 2+ years experience defining relational tables and SQL queries in MySQL, MSSQL, DB2, or Oracle
- Work history demonstrating completion of increasingly more complex deliverables
- History of critical thinking ability and innovative problem-solving
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience working with data transformation processing
- Experience with Incident Management and Ticketing systems like ServiceNow and JIRA
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.Business Overview
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.