- The purpose of this Data Scientist is to provide complete application lifecycle development, deployment, and operations support for Big Data solutions and infrastructure.
- Honours degree in a quantitative discipline e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Data Mining or related technical field) Master of Science in Information Systems or Relevant Qualification.
- Delivering on analytical projects and creating value for customers timeously
- Investigation and development of new models to generate value for stakeholders from user behaviour
- Prototyping new predictive models & products with a philosophy of quick turnaround and failing fast
- Interpretable visualisations, reports and presentations to showcase the value of predictive models & products
- Ad hoc queries relating to predictive models & products
- Investigation, design and implementation of improvements to existing predictive models & analytical products in the property and spatial analytics spaces
- Documenting and general maintenance of predictive models & products
- Create and deliver value towards the greater team and company vision
- 4 years of experience in using R, Python, SAS Base, SQL
- Above average ability to work with, analyse, interpret and report on data
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and techniques as well as practical application of these techniques
Please visit our website www.communicate.co.za to submit your CV directly or to view other I.T related jobs. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
We also invite you to contact us to discuss other exciting career opportunities in our niche area! For more information, please call Mandisa Xulu on 087 351 0713 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org