MasterControl Inc. is a leading provider of cloud-based quality and compliance software for life sciences and other regulated industries. Our mission is the same as that of our customers: to bring life-changing products to more people sooner. The MasterControl platform helps organizations digitize, automate, and connect quality and compliance processes across the regulated product development life cycle. Over 1,000 companies worldwide rely on MasterControl solutions to achieve new levels of operational excellence across product development, clinical trials, regulatory affairs, quality management, supply chain, manufacturing, and post-market surveillance. For more information, visit www.mastercontrol.com.
At MasterControl we are building our next generation data platform that will leverage AI/ML techniques to help redefine how our customers bring lifesaving and lifechanging products to market. To enable this, we need your help building our Data Pipeline, Data Mart, and Data Lake.
You will be responsible for implementing the data lifecycle consumption from the data source to the end model. By gathering requirements from Product, you will transform data in near real-time which will be consumable by AI model training, business intelligence analytic tools, and self-service platforms. You will need a strong emphasis on data modeling, as well as proficiency in data transformation. You will be responsible for integration into the CI/CD pipeline as well as unit and integration testing of all processes. You will need experience with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sources. You will need a bachelor's degree in a STEM related field, or equivalent experience. You should have performed multiple successful deployments of production Big Data systems.
- Pull data from multiple sources into Kafka
- Model data for optimal performance (ETL, star-schema like, ORC, partitioning, etc ...)
- Pull data from a real-time streaming architecture (Kafka) and do near-real-time aggregations and projections of the data, storing the results in S3
- Help automate the provisioning of AWS Lake Formations, EMR/Spark/S3/Kafka and other services in AWS
- Analyze data to find patterns worthy to expose to the end-user
- Help tie corporate data to customer data from an OLTP store
- Help us discover ways to use Big Data technologies in a Machine Learning pipeline (discover, clean, label, train, test)
- Other assigned duties
- Kafka, Spark, Airflow, Hudi, S3
- Scala, Python, SQL, Java
- Warehouse Architectures (Star Schema/Snowflake/Vaults/Lakes)
- Familiarity with AWS and Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Data Modelling
- ELT/ETL Best Practices
- Apache Spark with EMR and/or other Big Data tools
- Kafka Streams experience is a plus
- Airflow experience is a plus
- Big Data Mindset (Spark/Hive/Hadoop/HCatalog/Hudi). Understanding of the Big Data landscape.
- Meet multiple, challenging deadlines while communicating expectations clearly.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Must be able to work well with people.
- Ability to operate a computer and work at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, in person, over the telephone and in e-mail.
Why Work Here?
MasterControl is a place where Exceptional Teams come together to do their best work. In fact, hiring Exceptional Teams is a core value of ours. MasterControl employees are surrounded by intelligent, motivated, and collaborative individuals. We like to call it #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet.
We work hard to develop and challenge our employees' skillsets, recognize their contributions, encourage professional development, and offer a one-of-a-kind culture. This is why we say #WhyWorkAnywhereElse?
MasterControl could be your next (and last) career move!
Here are some of the benefits MasterControl employees enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% medical premium coverage (yes, you read that right!)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous PTO packages that increase with tenure
- Schedule flexibility
- Fitness clubs (you get paid to have fun and be active!)
- Company parties and employee recognition programs
- Wellness programs (free Fitbit, gym membership and athletic shoe reimbursements, etc.)
- Onsite physician and massage therapist
- Innovation center and gaming rooms at the office
- Dental/vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance policy
- Much, much more!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.