Since 1958, Neelands has been providing industry-leading and customized solutions for a broad range of industries and businesses. We are proud to have a dedicated and highly skilled technical team that is focused on refrigeration, HVAC, energy management, controls, equipment sales, and service and maintenance.
Neelands Group began as a family-run business and, to this day, we treat our team like extended family. We offer a competitive salary, learning opportunities, and a range of benefits.The Position:
Neelands is searching for a Data Scientist to join our team. This position is regular, full-time. The successful candidate will work with a team of developers directly and assist in analyzing large datasets, building online monitoring ML models, developing NLP machine learning projects and deploying, scaling up and maintaining machine learning pipelines on cloud computing services such as Azure. This job involves strong knowledge of ML modeling and deployment, NLTK platform, and NLP techniques, model design and SQL data queries.Qualifications:
What you Bring to the Team:
- University degree program in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, or Mathematics with focus working with data science techniques: clustering, regression models, classification, deep learning, anomaly detection and other machine learning techniques
- Experience in Python and frameworks such as Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, PySpark and core knowledge of AI/ML techniques and algorithms
- Experience with SQL skills to write queries on large data structures
- Experience building machine learning pipelines deployed to a production environment and experience with cloud platforms and their various services such as Azure
- Knowledge of NLTK packages and building natural language processing (NLP) systems
- Must be reliable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must work effectively with a team and independently
- Must work in an organized manner with an ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Possess a high level of commitment to customer service and response to requests
- Must have a positive 'can-do' attitude
Why join Neelands?
- Paid Time Off – Vacation & Sick Days
- Health Benefits
- RRSP/DPSP match
- Competitive Salary
- Paid weekly
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Neelands Group Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with Accessibility standards and regulations. If applicants require accommodation for a disability during the recruitment process, they must make their needs known in advance. Please notify Human Resources or the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.