As a Senior Software Engineer you will be developing end to end data engineering solutions around capability improvements, short cycle enhancements and lifecycle initiatives. You will build robust data storage, management and data access layers required by multiple applications. The responsibilities of this role spreads across all phase of SDLC from conceptualization to delivery and support. If you have a flair for data along with good design and, swift and stable implementation skills, this will be a great position for you!
The Expertise & Skills You Bring
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development, ETL development using Informatica, UNIX and Autosys, along with a good understanding of Database, Data Movement, Data Warehousing concepts and Data Modeling skills.
- Experience in Financial Services, preferably in Asset Management with knowledge of Portfolio Management.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and building solutions using AWS is strongly preferred. Exposure to API or service development using Java or experience in python will be a plus.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and coming up with efficient design for data storage and retrieval, for both applications and batch processing.
- Experience working in fast paced Agile software delivery teams, ensuring system stability, and building processes to ensure and improve data quality.
- Proven knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using tools like Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins and uDeploy and experience adapting good engineering practices.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and ownership, to work both independently and with teams.
- Strong communication and clear articulation.
We are part of Asset Management Technology's (AM Tech) Data Services, Compliance and Operations (DSCO) domain. We manage all Asset Management's data needs and build data platforms to help deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools and solutions. We support a wide range of business functions including Portfolio Management, Investment Management, Research, Trading, Reporting, Investment/Business Operations and Compliance.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling Dynamic Working.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.