JOIN TARGET AS A Sr. DATA SCIENTIST – PRICE AND PROMOTIONS
A role with the Target Data Science and Analytics team supporting Price and Promo COE means building scalable data science products in support of the ever-changing price and promotion landscape. This will mean being more data-oriented, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making by evaluating Target’s pricing decisions across Item life cycle against strategy and enabling improvements in operating efficiencies.
So, we are looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a creative problem-solver who seeks root cause, simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on this dynamic team.
In this role at Target as a Sr. Data Scientist, you'll:
- Develop a strong understanding of Target Pricing and Promotions data and work on analytical projects supporting Target’s competitive and end-of-season pricing strategies. The role involves working closely with business partners and internal teams to deliver high quality, end-to-end analytical solutions that create strong business impact.
- Work hands on and actively partner across the team – defining business problem, data discovery to insights/predictions
- Understand the business problem, identify the key challenges, formalize the problem algorithmically, and prototype solutions
- Anticipate and Evaluate impact of analytical solutions on related projects as part of the developing complex analytical algorithm/solutions for various business problems
- Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods
- Ability to develop and deploy scalable and reproducible analytical models for answering variety of business problems
- Build self-service tools for error detection, diagnosis and predictive metrics.
- Ability to test and analyze the prototype results on Target data, actively engage with business partners to identify improvement areas and implement enhancements based on statistical analysis and business logic
- Generate analyses, annotated code, and other project artefacts to document, archive, and communicate work and outcomes.
What we're looking for:
- B.Tech (+3 years of relevant exp), M.Tech, M.Sc. (+2 years of relevant exp), in Quantitative disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent experience
- Good working knowledge of Mathematical and statistical concepts and experienced in data analysis, data mining, building machine learning models, forecasting/predictive modeling, simulations, visualizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguous problem definitions, recognize dependencies and deliver impactful solutions through logical problem solving and technical ideations
- Strong hands on programming skills using Python, SQL, Hadoop/Hive. Additional knowledge of Spark, Scala, R, Java desired but not mandatory
- Self-driven and results oriented.
- Able to interpret data and results into a narrative suggesting actionable insights.
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers that serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices.