JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/ .
The role is for a Machine Learning Engineer within the Corporate Machine Learning Engineering and Services function for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office(CAO). The ML Engineering and Services team will create services and platforms that will provide re-usable components and an end-to-end development to deployment environment to accelerate time-to-market for data science teams.
The ML Engineer in Bangalore will be part of a globally distributed team, with data science and engineering partners in New York and EMEA. He/she will be part of a team of engineers that productionize robust and scalable ML models, and enable the services to be deployed and integrated into existing business workflow. He/she will also build common ML capabilities used across Corporate based on those models. These capabilities will be delivered in an agile way, on internal open source code base, in a test driven manner. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge solutions and have a profound influence on the business processes of a leading global bank.
Build common ML capabilities used across Corporate based on machine learning models
- Participate in development of one or more of:
- Next-generation big data based machine learning frameworks and back-end services
- Front-end web applications and back-end services that integrate with other products.
- High-performance processing and analytics applications using Spark
- Robust analytic data pipelines
- Automate and streamline existing processes, procedures, and toolsets
- Innovate new ways of managing, transforming and validating data
- Ensure code paths are unit tested, defect free and integration tested
Qualifications/ Technical skills
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related disciplines
- 6+ years of exceptional hands-on knowledge of robust software design and development
- Strong Java/ Python programming skills and Web Services (spring boot)
- Experience in Big Data technologies and utilities (Hadoop, Spark SQL, Hive, Impala, Pig, Kafka)
- Experience in distributed computing and micro services
- Exposure to or interest in ML
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable solutions in the analytics space
- Experience in building reliable and auditable CICD deployment pipeline using Jenkins
- Exposure working with Cloud based applications
- Exposure working with data and variety of databases
- Exposure/competence with Agile Development approach
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Financial Services background or experience preferred.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.