About The Team
Zillow’s Enterprise Applications organization is seeking a savvy Data Engineer to join our team and craft the future of our Enterprise data platform! This data platform serves Analytics and reporting needs of Zillow's Finance, HR and other organizational functions. You will be responsible for building data collection, transformation and processing pipeline automation for Zillow’s Enterprise function data to support Zillow’s rapidly growing businesses, and use it to deliver the BI and Insights critical for success of these functions.About The Role
As a Data Engineer, you should be an expert with data warehousing components (e.g. Data Modeling, ETL and Reporting) and integrations. You should have a deep understanding of the architecture for enterprise level data warehouse solutions using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud). You should be an expert in the design, creation, management of large datasets, excellent business and interpersonal skillsAs a Data Engineer, you will:
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets.
- Interface with customers from Finance, HR and other shared service functions understanding their requirements and delivering data solutions they need.
- Understand the data sources, develop an ETL strategy with these sources, perform data modeling to meet customers’ data needs.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, data security, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Monitor, manage and administer the Enterprise Applications Data Warehouse and ensure optimal performance at scale.
- Design, implement and manage the access to the datasets based on the Zillow’s data access policies.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $116,300.00 - $185,700.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
- BS in CS or similar and 5+ years professional experience, or MS with 3+ years of Professional experience.
- Strong Experience in data engineering, dimensional data modeling, ETL development, and Data Warehousing.
- Hands on experience building and supporting Enterprise level Data warehouses by sourcing data from SaaS applications like Workday, Anaplan, Zuora or other ERPs.
- Strong experience with data modelling, SQL, writing, debugging and performance tuning.
- Experience with any BI reporting tools like Tableau, Domo.
- Experience with Snowflake, Big Data tools, Python, Apache airflow.
- Experience building data management tools on AWS.
- Experience with middleware tools such as Boomi, Workato or Mulesoft.
- You know how to work with high volume of rapidly changing data.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits
. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor
and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work
in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies
list.Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.
See What Information We Collect About You.