Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
We are seeking an extremely inquisitive and driven Data Analyst to join the Data Governance team within the Sling Analytics department. This is a unique role that has elements of data analysis, data engineering, quality assurance, and project management.
With goals of improving Sling’s data availability, usability, and consistency, this role will coordinate the addition of new data, explore tables, investigate and learn the interconnectivity of datasets, spot irregularities, document findings, and be available as a resource to teach others in the analytics group.
With this role:
You will be exposed to all of Sling’s vast data
You will be expected to dive in and learn the intricacies of Sling’s data
You will write python scripts to move data in S3, create tables, run QA checks, send daily emails, &/or drop reports for different teams
You will test scenarios with the Sling website and applications on various platforms in order to validate the flow and accuracy of data
You will pick up occasional ad hoc requests that can range from a quick data pull to creating a Tableau dashboard
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with project managers, engineers, data warehouse teams, and other analytics teams to ensure new projects and features generate the data necessary to perform beneficial analyses
- Become a subject matter expert in Sling’s core databases
- Be the first to explore, QA, and integrate new data sets
- Distill large and disparate data sets down to simple tables that can easily be understood and used by other analysts
- Develop QA processes to ensure Sling’s data is passing properly from applications, websites, vendors, etc. into the data lake
- Use Service Now to manage Sling’s data-related tickets with our data warehouse group
- Use JIRA to inform application engineers of data issues
- Be a liaison between the business and data warehouse teams
- Assist with the creation of wiki pages to document data flows and schema/table content
- Perform competitive intelligence to ensure Sling has the best possible data products
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience querying large data sets
- A background in data quality assurance, data governance, and/or data engineering is preferred
- Expert skill in SQL querying is required
- Experience working with Amazon S3, Athena (presto), and Redshift (postgres) is a plus
- Experience with python, specifically pandas & boto3, is needed
- Strong written and verbal communication are necessary in coordinating with various teams
- Proactive, high attention to detail, and organized
- A drive to understand the ins and outs of the data lifecycle
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of industry best practices for analytics
Compensation: $64,800.00/Yr. - $101,700.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.