eMeals is America's leading provider of curated meal plans connecting consumers to the online grocery pickup and delivery services of Walmart, Kroger, Instacart, Shipt and Amazon. Subscribers have access to 15 food style meal plans, each with new weekly dinner ideas. Based on the selected choices, the eMeals app automatically generates a grocery list that can be shopped instore or sent for pickup or delivery by one of our integrated grocery retailers. eMeals has helped more than a million families relieve the daily stress of putting healthy home-cooked meals on the table quickly, easily and affordably. Life is hard; make dinner easy at www.emeals.com.
Over the years, eMeals has collected a lot of data about our customer lifecycle and how they interact with our apps. We are looking for someone who can perform monthly reporting, ad-hoc analysis, answer business questions, identify trends in the data, build dashboards and develop data processing solutions. The responsibilities for this role are:
Ongoing Reporting and Analysis (50%)
- Prepare monthly reports using BI application Metabase and Excel.
- Review report results for accuracy and unexpected metric trends.
- Answer questions from the business.
- Perform quick ad hoc analysis using Redshift SQL and Excel, and present findings.
- Perform ongoing data discovery and data mining for new information in various data sets. Apply discoveries to the reporting solution by updating existing Python ETL and database lookup tables.
Improve Reporting and Analytics Solutions (20%)
- Maintain and promote consistent metric definitions.
- Manages and improves existing BI app queries to increase accuracy, performance and readability using Redshift SQL functions.
- Optimize long running queries on AWS Redshift or Aurora MySQL.
- Build automated solution for generating the monthly reports.
Expand Reporting and Analytics (30%)
- Expand existing AWS Redshift data warehouse model to support future insights.
- Develop AWS serverless data processing solutions using Python.
- Design and build easy to understand reports and dashboards that surface the performance of the Key Metrics.
- Data Warehousing and ETL techniques.
- Data analysis including discovery, profiling, mining, cleaning and aggregating.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL expertise including analytical and window functions.
- Knowledge of KPIs, measures, dimensions, parameters, filters, and aggregations.
- Report development using BI data visualization tools similar to Metabase, Looker or Tableau.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel.
- 2+ years of experience in building data solutions and analysis using Python.
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience with AWS.
- AWS certification.
- Development in GoLang.