All posting locations
Remote, Illinois, United States of America Job Function
16 - Digital Date Published
24-Aug-2022 Ref #
R-59367 (GH)Description & Requirements
WHO WE ARE
We're one of the world's largest food and beverage companies and a trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods, earning us a spot on 97% of American household tables. As the guardians of our beloved brands and the creators of innovative products, we're dedicated To Sustainably Grow by Delighting More Consumers Globally.
Today, The Kraft Heinz Company is building a new legacy by investing in a robust Digital infrastructure to revolutionize the food and beverage industry. We are on a journey to create a digitally-powered, agile-enterprise – all while honoring a 150-year heritage and a portfolio of 200 iconic brands. At the heart of this journey is our ambition to create an environment where powerful AI solutions augment humans and where small mission-based teams relentlessly pursue tangible solutions for our consumers, customers, and the enterprise.
That ambition requires us to create a modern cloud and data ecosystem - a one of its kind that becomes the neural network of our company. We want you to bring your tech-self to us. We use Python, DBT, ADF, Snowflake, Azure, Power Platform, Dataverse, and others to solve our business challenges. You can look forward to high-impact, no bureaucracy, entrepreneurial work – done in small teams – and a unique opportunity to create something bold, something awesome, something inventive -- and something globally impactful.What You’ll Do
As a Principal Data Engineer (Group Lead) you will be leading a team of 7-10 Data Engineers that are all on cross-functional teams – disrupting from inside of a global powerhouse. Your team will be responsible for building data products that support data science, analytics, and automation for Kraft Heinz Digital. The data engineering team owns the implementation, data architecture, and data transformation. This is a leadership position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of data architecture, design, and features for the data platforms. You will have great communication skills with technical and non-technical business partners. As a Leader, you will be leading a team of strong data and quality engineers to build out Kraft Heinz next generation data platform. This role will report to the Head of Software Engineering Furthermore, you will
Who You Are
- Hire and develop the best Data Engineer's in the CPG industry
- Lead a team of 10-12 Data Engineer’s that are working in various agile pods
- Demonstrated experience initiating and leading enterprise data engineering initiatives
- Experience overseeing the ongoing operation of a data engineering team
- Development background in multiple large scale projects involving data integration
- Develop and operate modern data architecture approaches to meet key business objectives and provide end-to-end data solutions
- Contribute to building generic frameworks for data ingestion- data processing- and data integrations
- Implements standard methodologies for software design- architecture- and implementation
- Implements monitoring tools/processes to ensure platform stability and operational SLAs
- Extends DevOps capabilities for deploying data solutions
- Acts as a data owner and functional data SME for the assigned area
- Proven track record to develop and deploy frameworks that can be demonstrated across the data practice using services provided by major cloud platforms
- Serve as an integral member of your Agile pod as a leader or advisor through identifying and solving complex challenges
- Evangelize the value of data-driven decision-making.
- Continue your growth and serve as a leading expert in the Data Engineering community
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field (Master’s degree preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of related IT work experience including architecture, design, deployment and systems lifecycle development management.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in managing cross functional teams and direct management of teams.
- 2+ years of working building enterprise data solutions
- Strong technical background with cloud services within Azure- AWS- or GCP platforms (preferably Azure)
- Experience with analytical tools (preferably SQL- dbt- Snowflake- BigQuery- Tableau)
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
We're accelerating our ambition to become a best-in-class Digital leader by making data-driven investments that drive smarter business decisions. As the guardians of 200 beloved brands and the creators of innovative products, we're dedicated To Sustainably Grow by Delighting More Consumers Globally. What we build today helps bring joy to customers, consumers, and communities around the world tomorrow. Here at Kraft Heinz, we're not afraid to challenge the status quo. We are bold. We embrace new ideas. We value diverse perspectives. And we dare to do better every single day. We reward courage in the face of uncertainty. And every day, we are transforming our industry. We are creating the future of food, and we invite you to join us.
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do join our table and let’s make life delicious!Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day.
As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.