Nucleo Digital is searching for a Data Scientist help us design and build a modern tech stack for our client. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the latest technologies and can lead the design and development of nimble and scalable applications. A successful candidate will bring deep analytical ability, software engineering expertise, and the ability to deliver results within a fast-moving agile environment.
The following is a general description of the qualities that will make sure you are successful in this role. To be successful in this role:
- You need to be comfortable with one or more dynamic programming languages, preferably Java, C, R, Python.
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL, particularly the platforms MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Postgres, MS SQL and DB2.
- Proficiency in mainstream machine learning/deep learning frameworks: sklearn/tensorflow/keras/pytorch, etc.
- Knowledge of classic and modern machine learning theories and algorithms especially using their output to create business enhancing knowledge graphs.
- Experience in modular design for software development, such as creating and working with microservices
- Experience with distributed systems such as Spark and Hadoop
- You articulate complex technical issues in plain language and always endeavour to improve and expand how you communicate.
- You thrive on rapid feedback and iterations to improve your practice. This team operates best with open collaborative communications channels.
What is the job?
Your role can be described as Prime of the Enterprise Data team. To achieve this, you will collaborate with multiple teams and business departments. Guide company projects to deliver and consume reliable, stable, and consistent dataset to the rest of the business. Lead the design, development, and delivery of our end to end data and advanced analytics (AI) strategy to power our business platforms. Day to day this role requires you to have significant skills and capabilities in delivering the following with speed, quality, and accuracy.
- Design database structure/schema as well as ETL processes to integrate data sources across the organization.
- Curate and prepare data from multiple sources and APIs in various forms for business consumption on regular basis.
- Define data curation process automating the update and monitoring.
- Build data solutions including search, machine learning models and knowledge graphs.
- Participate in the building and maintenance of necessary microservices for the data solutions.
- Coach and support Data team members as well as develop and manage relationships with data vendors and partners.
- Define data objects suitable for our enterprise requirements.
- Diligently document your work and actions so they are repeatable actions.
- Propose technical design and lead the implementation of data solutions.
- Analyze existing database designs for performance or feature enhancement.
What could your strong points be:
This role is an experienced one, with extensive experience in data wrangling, data science, and analysis. You are talented, measured by motivation, alignment of purpose, skills, depth of experience and learning agility. With this you bring to the team:
- A sharpness, kindness, and open-mindedness that is fuelled by both excellence and impact.
- A quick learning capability and are actively staying on top of the latest in the world of data science
- Experience with the full data stack - data analysis, data engineering, data science, and data infrastructure.
- Effective communication able to build credibility and trust with the business.
- A hunger to make significant contribution to building and growing an impact-driven AI and technology business over a period of several years.
What this full time position has to offer:
- Competitive rate commensurate with experience
- Supportive, challenging, and collaborative work environment