Jr. Data Scientist – Capterra
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology choices and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three top brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.What you’ll do
You will have a vital role in developing complex solutions and deploying transformative data products. You will work in a team responsible for building Natural Language Processing algorithms, segmentations, recommendation engines and boutique algorithms. You will identify new areas to apply data science to improve business performance. As a digital marketplace with millions of reviews and insights from our clients, there are limitless opportunities to apply your skills in data science and NLP. You will cover a broad and evolving set of responsibilities as you build data science capabilities at GDM – versatility, adaptability, and self-sufficiency will be critical to success. As a member of the Gartner family, you will have access to industry-leading research on analytics and data science solutions to help you deliver more engaging and relevant content for software buyers and improve the volume and quality of buyer leads for software sellers.The specific responsibilities of this role include:
What you’ll need
- Research, develop, and implement state-of-the-art NLP algorithms and techniques to analyze text data and extract meaningful insights.
- Build models to help match buyers to content that supports their software buying journey.
- Fine-tune pre-trained language models to specific use cases, optimizing performance and accuracy for targeted applications and domains
- Develop end-to-end solutions that cover the entire lifecycle, from prototyping to productization, ensuring seamless integration into existing systems and workflows.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management teams to execute the data science roadmap.
- Communicate findings and insights to stakeholders through clear and compelling visualizations, reports, and presentations.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in NLP, LLM, and GenAI research and technology trends.
Nice to have:
- Degree in computer science, computational linguistics, statistics, mathematics or similarly quantitative field of study
- Good programming skills: Experience in languages such as Python
- Familiarity with text processing techniques, including tokenization, word embeddings, named entity recognition, sentiment analysis, and topic modeling.
- Good knowledge of querying languages (SQL), data transformation packages (Python’s Pandas, Polar, Dask) and visualization libraries (ggplot2, plotly, matplotlib)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
Who you are
- Knowledge in large language models (LLMs) such as GPT, BERT, or Llama.
- Familiarity with dashboard and reporting tools such as Power BI.
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments, and version control systems (git, or svn).
- Experience working for consumer or business-facing digital brands.
What we offer
- Curious and analytical nature. Compelled to dive deep to understand complicated problems.
- Passionate for data and analytics. Driven to acquire the skills necessary to accomplish complex tasks.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with colleagues.
- Good time management skills and ability to juggle several tasks.
- Proactively seek guidance to achieve successful results.
- Communication skills with ability to present complicated analysis.
- Resourceful and resilient with the instincts to take a creative approach to problem solving.
- A collaborative, positive culture. You'll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You'll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great perks.
#digitalmarketsWho are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:85817
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policyFor efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.