Genuine Parts Company founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world, employing 58 000 people.
The GPC Global Technology Center in Krakow, established in 2022 by Genuine Parts Company is an innovative research and development facility supporting GPC’s digital transformation efforts.
The hub is focused on the development of advanced technologies and solutions that support GPC's operations and growth.
The GPC Global Technology Center team works on a wide range of projects assisting in areas such as e-commerce and data platforms, supply chain solutions, selling systems, and cyber security. This is home to a team of highly skilled IT engineers who are dedicated to driving innovation and delivering cutting-edge solutions for GPC.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Data Scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and cloud technologies. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to drive insights and recommendations to inform business decisions.
If you are passionate about leveraging data to drive business decisions and have a strong background in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and cloud technologies, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.Responsibilities
- You’ll work on the GPC's Data Science team collaborating with data scientists, AI/ML engineers and product managers to build and augment our AI-driven digital Catalog products. Through your understanding of deep learning, machine learning, linear algebra, probability theory, statistics, and optimization you’ll leverage Python, Scala to perform data exploration and analysis, implement algorithmic solutions given specifications, push solutions to our production environment as well as analyze performance and trade-offs to determine the best solution.
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Understand and follow Agile principles, best-practice software design, participate in code reviews, create a maintainable and well-tested codebase with relevant documentation.
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management in order to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements.
- 3+ years’ experience in software engineering, Data Science & technology
- MS/PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or other related fields
- Experience designing and developing deep learning, machine learning, optimization, and statistical models.
- Strong hands-on programming skills in Python. Knowledge of SQL, Spark/equivalent.
- Expertise running queries against data (preferably with Google BigQuery or SQL)
- Expertise in Prescriptive Modeling like optimization, computer vision, recommendation, Search or NLP
- Demonstrated mastery in predictive modeling, data mining and data analysis.
- Demonstrated mastery utilizing statistical techniques to identify key insights that help solve business problems.
- Strong analytical thinking and data visualization skills. Ability to creatively solve business problems, innovating new approaches where required and a passion for solving interesting and relevant real-world problems using Data science approach.
- Experience in designing and running A/B Tests and analyze the Key Metrics
- Experience with cloud computing on at-least one of major providers (Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure).