YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important To You Is Important To Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
- WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
- Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
- Forbes® America's Best Employers
- Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on data-driven, member-centric solutions from multiple vantage points (e.g. Data Sourcing, Data Ingestion, Data Science & Machine Learning, Channel Integration, etc.). Transform business requirements into a series of tests to determine whether or not deliverables are fit for purpose. Interface with business partners and end-users throughout the organization while serving as a subject matter expert to aid them in ideating, developing, and executing test plans that accurately reflect business requirements and simulate desired end-user experiences. Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and automation of testing processes and procedures. Participate on complex, essential projects working under minimal supervision and with latitude for independent judgment. Accountable for completion of assigned projects and deliverables. Highly skilled and proficient in discipline with demonstrated achievement of results.
- Ideating, developing, and executing test plans that concisely and accurately capture the steps necessary to properly assess business-facing solutions
- Registering PBIs detailing a conceptual overview of the testing needed to fulfill the projects and objectives at hand
- Identifying, flagging, and detailing performance gaps, errors, and bugs
- Preparing and presenting test evidence for Channel Partner approval
- Assisting end users in ideating, developing, and executing test plans relevant to their anticipated consumption of the solutions being created and deployed for their benefit
- Develop, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, dashboards, data models and analytical results
- Retrieve, analyze and validate data and test accuracy of reported results
- Work directly with project leads to understand requirements and propose key analytics solutions to drive effective decision-making and influence business objectives
- Identify trends and patterns in business data; create data visualizations to support business decision making
- Build new and/or modify existing database/data warehouse/data mart and business intelligence solutions to meet business and system requirements
- Collaborate with business units and senior management to conduct needs assessment to support business unit objectives
- Support complex Data Science and Big Data projects
- Effectively communicate testing outcomes to business stakeholders and leadership
- Mentor and guide less experienced staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Advanced SQL skills
- Intermediate-advanced Python/PySpark skills
- Significant experience working with ETL tools and techniques
- Significant experience working with cloud technologies such as the Microsoft Azure Suite (Azure DevOps, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, etc.), AWS, Informatica
- Significant experience in the application of statistical methods, mathematical techniques, forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, related analytical tools, and programming languages
- Significant experience in problem resolution including determining root cause, scope, and scale of issues
- Significant experience that demonstrates the ability to research, compile, and document data, business processes, and workflow
- Advanced skill identifying and analyzing business requirements and recommending solutions
- Effective skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives, and information clearly and concisely
- Working knowledge of the process in sourcing raw data and cleansing techniques
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, data cleaning, and other analytical techniques required for data usage
- Advanced skill in understanding and communicating data presented in models, charts, and tables and transforming it into a format that is useful to the business and aids effective decision making
- Advanced skill in understanding and analyzing models that predict the probability of an outcome
- Advanced knowledge of and the ability to perform basic statistical analysis such as measures of central tendency, normal distribution, variance, standard deviation, basic tests, correlation, and regression techniques
- Advanced skill in collecting and manipulating data used in effective decision making
- Working knowledge of data models, design tools, business/technical requirements, statistical programming languages, data queries
- Demonstrates a key understanding of multiple database concepts and data flows
- Project management skills and/or experience working in Agile project management
- Working knowledge of various data structures and ability to extract data sources
- Working knowledge of mapping techniques and data pipelines
- Advanced skill analyzing statistics and reports to determine business performance and trends
- Expert organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Desired Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Advanced degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Working knowledge of Navy Federal Human Resources policies, procedures, and programs
- Proven ability to interpret and sequentially deconstruct processes into testable elements
Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
$74,400 - $127,200 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date:
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.