Liberty Global is one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communication companies, with headquarters in London, Amsterdam and Denver and operations in 6 European countries under the consumer brands Virgin Media, Telenet and UPC. We invest in the infrastructure and digital platforms that empower our customers to make the most of the video, internet and communications revolution. Our substantial scale and commitment to innovation enable us to develop market-leading products delivered through next-generation networks that connect over 10 million customers subscribing to more than 25 million TV, broadband internet and telephony services. We also serve over 6 million mobile subscribers and offer WiFi service through 9 million access points across our footprint.
In addition, Liberty Global owns 50% of VodafoneZiggo, a joint venture in the Netherlands with 4 million customers subscribing to 10 million fixed-line and 5 million mobile services, as well as significant content investments in ITV, All3Media, LionsGate, Formula E racing series and several regional sports networks.
Liberty Global was ranked as the 5th most desirable company to work in the UK by LinkedIn Top Companies (2017): Where UK wants to work. We’re always looking for great talent that wants to Grow With Us.
If you’re the kind of person who embraces change, challenges the status quo and has a “sky’s the limit” attitude, then our place is your place. Come and join us!
The primary purpose of the Data Scientist role is to drive the definition and delivery of roadmap for data science projects within Liberty Tech. This includes AI and ML tools for time series modelling, proactive monitoring, anomaly detection, root cause detection and next best action flows.
We are looking to hire passionate engineers, excited about technology and innovative ways of working to shape the future of AI/ML strategy of Liberty Global.
This role supports all Connectivity businesses within Liberty Global and all its operating companies to deliver solutions for connectivity devices, services and platforms. This includes remote and on-site contact with numerous stakeholders within the company as well as international 3rd party suppliers. Close collaboration with the T&I Connectivity and Product teams is required, as well as with the Operations in each country.
This role is responsible for:
- Design, test and build scalable models solutions together with your team of data scientist and engineers.
- Be a data evangelist! : Actively contribute in building analytics processes and data culture across the organization
- Developing the AI and analytics strategy proactively monitor, assure the connectivity service
- Ensuring the required telemetry, monitoring and alerting for all new products and Backoffice and firmware updates are in place
- Demonstrable data analytic experience and strong Experience as a data scientist, working in an agile delivery environment
- Experience working with data platform teams and familiar with high-volume data systems
- Solid understanding of MLOps and scalable ML modelling
- Demonstrated experience with various ML aspects: 1- Working with large datasets 2- experimentation 3- scalability and optimization of models
- Working experience with time series modelling and a strong background in unsupervised modelling.
- Experience solving real problems using AI/ML techniques and with statistical rigor and translating business problems into data problems
- Knowledge and practical experience of Statistical Methods (e.g. A/B testing, Inference), Statistical/Machine Learning (e.g. supervised/unsupervised modelling, recommender systems), Time Series analysis, etc
- Strong knowledge of data management (schema design, data pipelines, workflows)
- Experience with working in an international and distributed team environment
- Educated to degree level in domains concerned with a mix of education, technology, business or learning analytics
- Fluent spoken and written English
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Develop, own and execute your product roadmap
- Translating a high level strategy from different business areas into specific initiatives and deliverables
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with all your stakeholders to determine the requirements.
- Able to work in an Agile environment and continuously evaluate business needs, refine priorities, outline milestones and results, and identify opportunities and risks;
- Actively identify and manage and mitigate dependencies and obstacles that stand in the way of progress
- Collaborate with Delivery teams, engineers, and stakeholders to identify problems before they occur and take appropriate action
- As part of the delivery of a roadmap work with different business areas including, compliance, legal and privacy teams
- Work with senior engineers that take their work seriously and are able to provide you with good feedback on the roadmap, stories, and feature development.
- Collaborative working style. Ability to work effectively across national boundaries
- Has a systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem solving
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase 5 more
- Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Calm app, personal medical, critical illness cover and dental insurance
- Matched pension contribution up to 10%
- Access to our car benefit scheme
- Access to our online learning platform to continue to develop and grow your career with us
Liberty Global is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our