Corporate Services Data and Analytics (CSDA) is a newly formed department within CDAO, to serve the Data & Analytics needs for HR, IT, OGC and GR&S. Within this department, the Corporate Services Data Office (CSDO) manages the data enablement functions to support the above four divisions. We are seeking candidates with deep DnA experience in the Vanguard/AWS ecosystem, and someone who has a high degree of conviction around the CDAO Data-as-a-Product strategy.
- Learns and experiments with new technologies, tools and processes.
- Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Determines the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Designs, implements, and deploys cloud platforms to support and meet business needs. Identifies, recommends, and implements opportunities for improvement and performance issue solutions.
- AWS cloud architecture and supporting services and technologies (Eg: Glue, EMR, Step Functions, Foundational Services like IAM, Cloud Watch, Cloud formation, Lambda, Secrets Manager, sagemaker).
- Experience building Spark data processing applications (Python, Pyspark).
- Experience with SQL development and Tableau Reporting.
- Experience building Splunk dashboards.
- Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Bitbucket.
- Minimum of three years data analytics, programming, database administration, or data management experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.