We believe AI to be the single most transformative technology of our time.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning create unprecedented new ways to live and do business. With expertise and insights from the real world, we build products which automate processes, detect anomalies or predict outcomes. And we’re growing our team!
Machine Learning Engineer | Science
The Scientific Information industry is at the forefront of the next technological revolution. As part of a long-term exclusive collaboration agreement with one of the world’s leading Scientific Information providers, we develop innovative pilots which turn into operationalized products; helping them to solve some of the biggest challenges facing their business.
Responsibilities as Machine Learning Engineer
- Develop mathematical abstractions covering business needs in flexible ways;
- Share your ideas for models, prototype them, deploy to production and run A/B tests;
- Establish communication channels; synthesize and relate the relevant information from the ML team to stakeholders;
- Ensure trust and transparency, with explainable AI (XAI) principles;
- Passion for solving the problems our customer’s face, by deeply understanding their business, their workflows, and the outcomes they are trying to achieve
Experience and Qualifications
- Completed Master’s degree or higher in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science or similar;
- Significant (4+) industry experience bringing large-scale machine learning models into production (at a senior level);
- Experience with designing and developing computer vision solutions
- Strong fundamentals in probability theory, information theory, statistics, linear algebra, computer science, data structures, code optimization and algorithms;
- Deep familiarity/experience with Python, C++ scikit-learn, pandas, numpy and scipy;
- Functional design, and/or translating of a functional design into a solution;
- Results-oriented, proactive and decisive;
- Strong communication and leadership skills;
- A curious, creative, and analytical mindset;
- Experience with things like semi-supervised learning, representation learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing, ranking & recommendation, metaheuristics and optimization, generative models;
- Huge bonus points for a background in academic research and bibliometrics!
Come join Slimmer AI!
We are a team of innovators, at the forefront of technical knowledge and cutting-edge techniques. From research to prototype, from business validation to new product launch: Innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
We hire quirky talents who dare to take a stand and explore new directions. We empower our team to be self-leading, take initiative and experiment. Because we believe that creative and fulfilled people build the most helpful and inventive products.
We offer: A fun, innovative, entrepreneurial environment; personal responsibility with a ton of autonomy; a chance to see your work make a *real* difference in the *real* world; fun-hangouts with brilliant people, and lots of cake! (These engineers really do love cake…) If you think this sounds ‘gezellig’, we’d love to hear from you!