In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we've built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as the commodity storage.
To support this endeavor we have teams in more than 7 countries and 7 key locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
•Be humble - Our self-interest does not compromise the collective interest
•Respect and care for others - We treat everyone as an individual
•Take responsibility - We take ownership of our actions
•Act with integrity - We do the right thing, always
•Be bold - We challenge ourselves and the status quo with action
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 20 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
What you’ll do
You will participate in the evolution of our platform app.kpler.com (code, test, deployment, support) and derived applications with the aim of extracting (API, scraping), consolidating, (ETL), and applying algorithms (data-mining, business rules) on large data sets, and make them available (Postgres, ElasticSearch).
For example, you will improve our vessel destination forecast algorithm.
You will be tested on, and expected to work with the following stack :
Python, Posgresql, SQLAlchemy, ElasticSearch, AWS, Kafka...
The technical team works in lean mode to continually improve our SaaS applications and API.
You may be a fit if...
• Python and ideally with a first experience in startups
• Knowledge in Scala could be a plus
• Crafty, handy and pragmatic, you code on Linux / Mac and are both comfortable with CLI and graphical interfaces
• You commit on Open source projects and you are present on GitHub
• There is more than 12 different nationalities at Kpler, you must be able to interact with all team members in a functional English
Why you REALLY need to join us...
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complicated! This means we build real algos and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are still small enough that you can get exposure to our entire tech architecture, be close to the business and the impact you are making and build your career trying out different things!
• We are at the cross-road of software engineering, energy and finance: This creates an interesting mix. We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture bring but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds.
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we have more than 20 nationalities and speak more than 15 languages.
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!
Our People Pledge
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.