People Source Consulting are working with a leading consultancy to recruit Data Scientists in Bristol.
About the role -
This position sits within an outstanding department in the business which has an excellent record in consultancy and delivery to a wide range of clients, which includes some of the largest public and private sector organizations in the UK, particularly in defence, security and government markets.
The purpose of this role is to provide architectural consultancy and expertise to our clients on their technology roadmaps Data Assurance and Data Security and Data Exploitation.
Responsible for the definition of data architecture, data models, options and solutions to meet strategic business objectives. Ensuring these designs and solutions are efficient, sustainable and fit-for-purpose for current and future business needs.
- Define the best practices for Data Management, assurance and security including data standards, reporting and analytics
- Work with clients to integrate these best practices into their data governance and wider enterprise governance structures
- Work with clients to formulate their vision and work with them to develop, communicate and deliver a roadmap to realise it
- Develop technology specifications that ensure new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness, for leveraging company data
- Apply architectural and business concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability
- Enable change by understanding existing business norms, identifying and capturing needs and recommending technical solutions that deliver value to clients and their key stakeholders
- Applying data architecture disciplines to new fields such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Essential experience -
- Extensive defence background experience
- A degree in a science, computing or engineering subject, or equivalent experience
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
- Experience with the use of Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as ISO42010, TOGAF, Zachman and the ITIL and IT4IT service architecture frameworks
- Experience of information systems design and delivery, applying engineering rigour through Enterprise Architecture development methods and tools as appropriate
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analysing system requirements
- Expertise in SQL
- Knowledge an inexperience in at least one of the following: UML, ERD, ETL,OLAP
- Knowledge of Python or similar
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI and R)
Please contact me for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas.