This is a remote position. Junior Data Scientist (1 year experience, remote)
Be part of our future! This job posting builds our talent pool for potential future openings. We'll compare your skills and experience against both current and future needs. If there's a match, we'll contact you directly. No guarantee of immediate placement, and we only consider applications from US/Canada residents during the application process. Hiring Type:
Full-Time Base Salary:
$57K-$67K Per Annum.
- Partner with engineers, product managers, and business partners to identify algorithmic problems, brainstorm possible approaches, and recommend the best path forward.
- Develop algorithms iteratively, building in the right level of complexity to solve the business problem at hand and support future improvements.
- Define success criteria for your models so that you can measure impact and changes over time. You'll be expected to communicate findings and drive continuous improvements.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to implement algorithms in production that scale gracefully.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize projects and define requirements.
- Carry out analysis of data produced by our hardware systems and create insightful visualizations to share your findings.
- Contribute to internal libraries to help other teams with their data science needs including visualization, prediction, optimization, and inference.
Requirements & Experience:
- Advanced proficiency with Python and libraries commonly used for data analysis, e.g., Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of optimization and predictive modeling techniques and experience applying them to real-world problems.
- Skilled at translating a general question or problem into a clearly defined algorithmic solution.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Nice to haves:
- 1-year Experience with Data Bricks or PySpark
- 1 year Experience with product ionizing data models