Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Employ IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability; ensure that the implemented solutions are unit tested and ready to be integrated into their product
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and continuous learning; stay current on IBM strategy and offerings with understanding of technical principles of Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills combined with keen desire to develop quality code in an Agile process
- Design, code, and test innovative component-level solutions in areas such as cloud foundation, cloud services, cloud management applications, machine learning, computational linguistics, natural language processing and security applications
- Use DevOps practices and methods to plan and create software applications
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years hands-on software engineering
- At least 1 year of using Agile practices in a professional or academic environment
- Understanding of development frameworks (Spring, ReactJS, AngularJS, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Designing and implementing automated dev-ops deployments that implement CI / CD best practices
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 1 year of client facing experience - strong, collaborative client relationships
- Understanding Cloud Foundry, Docker and Containers
- Demonstratable experience in private and public Cloud
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.