15 Nov 2021 / Ref 79658
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centres at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fibre and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 178-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work.
John Deere Walldorf GmbH & Co. KG serves as our Sales & Marketing competency center for Europe, North Africa, Middle East as well as the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and counts about 320 employees who support our dealers to deliver the best possible service to our customers.
Effective immediately, the John Deere Data + Analytics team is looking for a
Data Scientist (m/f/d)
Being a data-driven organization is the foundational success factor of our company. Our goal is using data to generate insights and support various business units within our company. As the Data + Analytics team, we own the resources, tools, and knowledge to deliver state-of-the-art solutions to every-day business challenges. We enable our sales & marketing teams to deliver more machines, offer better services and bring economic value to our customers. Beyond that, we empower our strong dealer network to be more efficient, more digital, and more integrated.
In this role you will support our entire organization on its journey towards data-based decision making and embracing our Smart Industrial vision. Are you ready to leap forward?
As a Data Scientist, you will utilize prescriptive and predictive analytics to generate insights that provide value to customers, our dealers, and John Deere. Specifically, you will build statistical models and algorithms to deeply understand customers and improve their engagement and experience. In addition, you will:
- Apply a variety of data science techniques, both computational and statistically based, including but not limited to machine learning, deep learning, regression, and classification
- Develop applications and/or visualizations to allow business users to leverage the insights
- Identify and retrieve structured and unstructured data from new, complex, or messy data sources
- Explain analytics technique and usage in business terms, communicate value, drive adoption, and inspire action
- Provide technical guidance and review work performed by other data scientists, including interpretation of results
- Work closely with Data Enablement teams to ensure data availability for research, development, and production
- Lead small/medium analytics projects
- Support the business transformation of the Enterprise through analytics; support business management in all matters concerning analytical techniques
What Skills You Need
Master’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, data science, mathematics, economics, computer science)
- Proficiency in at least one statistical programming language; R, Python
- Experience gathering and blending disparate data sources with SQL
- Experience communicating complex, technical information to a non-technical audience
- 2 or more years of work experience in data science or a related field
- A good command of English
What Makes You Stand Out
Experience applying statistical analyses and analytical methodologies on advanced analytics projects, being able to demonstrate the development of algorithms and predictive models to solve business issues
- Experience with analytics platforms and/or technologies such as AWS, DataBricks, Spark, Scala, PowerBI, Tableau
- Experience with multiple statistical programming languages such as R, Python, SAS
- Proficiency developing features for machine learning with SQL, PySpark, or Scala
- Knowledge of User Experience (UX) and/or design
- Experience contributing to analytics projects with version control software such as Git, SVN, CVS
- Proven ability to influence without authority
This exempt position is based in Walldorf. You strive to make a difference to our customers, dealers and the company? Then we would be glad to receive your application online through John Deere jobs. For more information feel free to reach out to: HR_Walldorf@JohnDeere.com
Posting period until 13 December 2021