Working alongside the product management, software engineering, and project delivery teams, you will contribute to the development and enhancement of digital products and data assets by applying advanced statistical and machine learning and data visualisation techniques.
You will also work with Shell Energy customers to analyse and visualise their data to develop insights and recommendations to help customers to manage energy use and reduce energy costs.Responsibilities
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Development of machine learning models to drive commercial outcomes and customer engagement
- Data mining, customer insights and deep dive analysis to recommend next best solutions.
- Working with large data sets in SQL and Python to produce meaningful insights and recommendations
- Maintain a high-level of current and up-to-date industry knowledge
- Support knowledge sharing, upskilling and self-service of data insights of various data champions within the Business
- Work as part of a team of data engineers, specialists and software engineers to streamline and automate the management & control of data for analytical and operational processes
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Responsible for operationally supporting data management tools and data solutions
- Ensure flawless execution and timely delivery of all work
You have experience in a similar role and knowledge of the electricity market, together with the following:
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in applied statistics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or a related quantitative discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.);
- Python libraries: Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Bokeh, Plotly, Django, Flask, Scrapy;
- Interactive Notebooks: Jupyter and / or Zeppelin;
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning: SciKit-Learn, Theano, Keras, Tensorflow, NLTK;
- Deep knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and optimization algorithms;
- Practical experience applying data science and machine learning techniques to the development of new digital products and data assets;
- Practical experience with statistical analysis tools (e.g. R, Matlab, Python); business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI); relational data analysis (include writing SQL queries); and Microsoft Excel;
- Experience with developing data science solutions in a cloud platform (noting current digital products are hosted on AWS);
- Understanding of Agile principles;
- Experience within the AWS Cloud environment with data services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, S3, EC2 (or other cloud platforms);
- Ability to present and communicate complex technical issues to a variety of audiences including senior management;
About Shell Energy in Australia
- Knowledge of the electricity market and building energy efficiency.
- Experience with products such as Snowflake and Matillion
- Experienced in data architecture, data integration and data manipulation at scale
- Knowledge of complexities and challenges with ETL/ELT solutions and data flow processes
- Familiar with Linux, Unix environments
- Practical experience building data pipelines and implementing data controls for Business and IT operations
Shell Energy is Australia’s largest dedicated supplier of business electricity. We deliver business energy solutions and innovation across a portfolio of gas, electricity, environmental products and energy productivity for commercial and industrial customers. We are the second largest electricity provider to commercial and industrial businesses in Australia1, we offer integrated solutions and market-leading2 customer satisfaction, built on industry expertise and personalised relationships. This has afforded us a ranking of number 1 in customer satisfaction in business electrical retailers for 10 years running, something that we are immensely proud of and aim to achieve in the future. We also operate 662 megawatts of gas-fired peaking power stations in Western Australia and Queensland, supporting the transition to renewables, and are currently developing the 120-megawatt Gangarri solar energy development in Queensland.
By embracing confidence, team spirit, and contribution, we generate fresh thinking, creativity and nimble execution to give us the edge in an ever-changing market. We ask, ‘what’s next?’ for ourselves and for our industry, always on the lookout for opportunities for our customers, our business, and our people.
1 By load, based on Shell Energy analysis of publicly available data
2Utility Market Intelligence (UMI) survey of commercial and industrial electricity customers of major electricity retailers by research company NTF Group, October 2020What sets us apart from the rest?
At Shell Energy we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done. The work environment is Agile and fast-paced, with a strong emphasis on outcomes. We also offer employees a great range of benefits including:
How to Apply
- An attractive incentive program;
- Generous leave benefits; and not limited too additional annual leave, flexi leave and extra public holidays over and above the standard;
- Flexible and supportive ways of working with state of the art technology and facilities.
Click ‘APPLY’ below to submit your resume and cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for this position. To request a copy of the Position Description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, head to our website shellenergy.com.au or take a look at this short video https://youtu.be/7foCXeLxPOY.Shell Energy is an equal opportunity employer who recognises the value in having a diverse workforce. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you wish to have a conversation about what makes Shell Energy a great place to work or for more information about this opportunity, please email email@example.com and a member of our HR team will reach out to you. Please detail in the email the reason for your enquiry and/or which opportunity you are interested in.Recruitment Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by the Shell Energy Human Resources team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners if required. Your respect for this process is appreciated.