Inovalon was founded in 1998 on the belief that technology, and data specifically, would empower the transformation of the entire healthcare ecosystem for the better, improving both outcomes and economics. At Inovalon, we believe that when our customers are successful in their missions, healthcare improves. Therefore, we focus on empowering them with data-driven solutions. And the momentum is building.
Together, as ONE Inovalon, we are a united force delivering solutions that address healthcare’s greatest needs. Through our mission-based culture of inclusion and innovation, our organization brings value not just to our customers, but to the millions of patients and members they serve.Overview:
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for contributing to data analytics, data operations, and software product development across the organization. They will support existing data operations such as data refresh ETL, data structure development, and troubleshooting of data issues.. They will be part of team building next generation data & reporting platform for internal business stakeholders and external customers to provide insights to understand current state of business and provides insights & forecasting to improve decision-making make strategy shifts for future business needs. They will work across a variety of products and projects as needed and engage with a variety of data types. This position may require independent work, sharing information and assisting others with work request.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with agile team to participate in agile ceremonies like grooming, planning, standup, retrospective, demos
- Write complex queries, stored procedures, functions, SSIS Packages for various job execution
- Actively contribute in grooming and planning & standup, create tasks, estimate and regularly updates status & estimations
- Work with data architects and business analysts to create a logical data model and create DDL scripts for physical model creation
- Design and develop modern ETL framework utilizing tools like ADF (Azure Data Factory), MS-SSIS etc
- Design and develop ETL pipelines, using SQL, Stored procedures/functions to extract data from various sources and load into warehouse
- Design STAR or SNOWFLAKE database schema utilizing industry best practices to build datawarehouse and data marts, views, cubes and data sets/products
- Design and develop data export frameworks to extract data from the warehouse, transform, pre-aggregate, perform calculations and load into various data marts for Analytics use
- Develop data export framework to extract data from datawarehouse and data marts to generate reports for internal and external customers in .csv, flat files and
- Work on large data to ensure configurable ingestion of data, dynamic rule & validation of data, cleansing, transforming and loading into the data warehouse
- Design and implement data validation and quality checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the data in the data warehouse
- Build data marts which will be utilized by Analytics tools like PowerBI and work with PowerBI developer to optimize database schema, queries
- Perform performance of queries and data processing, identify and resolve any issues looking at query plans, create appropriate indexes, resolve dead locks and create table hints
- Participate in design discussions, data analysis, data model creation etc
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company.
- Minimum of 7 years healthcare industry experience with and strong knowledge of healthcare data (837i/837p will be a plus)
- 5+ years working on datawarehouse, ETL process/pipeline, Workflow
- 5+ experience in MS SQL, T-SQL, ETL Jobs
- 5+ experience in Microsoft tools like SSMS, SSIS, SQL Server
- 2+ years experience in writing query plans, indexes etc
- 2+ years working with Analytics team (like Tabluea, PowerBI – Preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience working on Azure Cloud is preferred utilizing ADF (Azure Data Factory), Azure Delta Lake, Azure SQL Server, Data Sync, Log Insights and Analytics
- Experience working with Role based security at database, ETL jobs, data exports level
- Strong understanding of database concepts and schema (like star, snowflake schema)
- Experience with HIPPA and PHI will be a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines; and
- Ability to work independently and to carry out tasks to completion following standard accepted practices.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications listed in a job description. If you don’t meet every qualification listed but are excited about our mission and the work described, we encourage you to apply regardless. Inovalon is most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and you may be just the right person for this or other roles.
- Sedentary work (i.e., sitting for long periods of time);
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force;
- Frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects and repetitive motions;
- Subject to inside environmental conditions; and
- Some travel (less than 10%) may be required for this position, primarily for training and collaboration purposes.
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Inovalon strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.
Inovalon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirement.
The Company maintains a drug free work environment for all of its associates, which includes employees, contractors and vendors. It is unlawful for associates to manufacture, sell, distribute, dispense, possess or use any controlled substance or marijuana in the workplace and doing so will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or the contracted relationship.