Schibsted is a growing and diverse family of over 50 brands whose mission is to empower people in their daily lives and each brand contributes to it in its own way. Amongst our brands you can find leading Nordic marketplaces like Finn and Blocket, world-class media houses like VG and Aftonbladet (we are the largest media group in Scandinavia) and other rapidly developing digital companies like Prisjakt, Lendo and many others.
Data Foundations is a central department within Schibsted that is responsible for the data platform and is working on data fueled products with emphasis on volume, velocity and privacy. We are building products at scale, serving the whole of Schibsted and its brands.
Our team within Data Foundations is responsible for development and maintenance of the segmentation platform, which supports online advertising, personalization and analytics use-cases across the whole company.
Whom are we looking for?
We are looking for a Data Engineer, who is independent, curious and is excited about working with Big Data. You will be working in a team that will be responsible for designing and building segmentation platform functionality within Schibsted.Good examples of such functionality would be:
What is our technology stack?
- Implementation of new segmentation criteria
- Ensure compliance with data governance, security policies and privacy laws in all parts of the processing pipeline
- Monitoring and optimisation of processing pipelines
- Adding new ways to integrate with consumers and carrying out a migration
- Python and Spark for data processing, Luigi for data orchestration
- Scala and Finatra for backend services
- Docker and Kubernetes as a main platform for both processing and services
- AWS for storage and other infrastructure (S3, RDS, SQS, Cloudformation,…).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics or relevant work experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Python and Spark
- Ability and willingness to get up to speed with Scala is expected (previous experience with JVM languages in the past is considered a plus)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, orchestration frameworks (Airflow / Luigi), DevOps, CI/CD, cloud solutions (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud), container-based workflows or distributed systems are all regarded as positive.
As a part of Schibsted, you will also have the opportunity to share knowledge and learn from other data engineers across the organisation. We encourage a diverse, collaborative and creative work environment, where you will develop and push for state-of-the-art solutions in big data processing as well as building reliable and highly scalable services.