Get to know our Team:
Everyday, millions of users across Southeast Asia trust and rely on Grab for a wide range of needs ranging from transportation, delivery to payments and financial services. The Grab Financial Group (GFG) Risk Team works to assess, mitigate and respond to a multitude of risks in order to keep the platform safe and secure for all users. As Risk Analysts, we leverage our rich datasets to build insight and find solutions to problems ranging from minimising user friction, improving security to combating fraud. We're a hands-on team interested in the end to end data life-cycle, from analysing the risky behavior of our consumers and identifying anomalies to building detection and prevention modules for any suspicious activities. If you're passionate about solving complex problems with immediate real-world impact, we want you!
Get to know the role:
- Analyse massive customer and merchant transactional data to develop insights on user behaviours and/or risks
- Develop and communicate insights and recommended actions to stakeholders to reduce risk by contributing towards rules, machine learning models, and other detection systems
- Conduct data investigations and analysis on suspicious trends and insights that have been identified by stakeholders
- Explore business issues/opportunities, uncover insights and/or identify targeted areas for mitigating risk
- Identify potential false positive cases and continuously improve current methods to eliminate them
- Maintain and monitor key metrics and alert the business on potential issues
- Collaborate cross-functionally on managing risk associated with Grab products and processes
- Work with operations teams in various regions and cities to define risk policy and processes
- Work with business teams to translate requirements and needs to the Tech teams
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on analyst in a high tech company with large, complex, high velocity data
- A degree in Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Information Technology, Data Sciences, Math or related fields.
- Strong foundation in data query/manipulation of large scale data using SQL and data visualisation experience using tools such as Tableau
- Working experience of any of the data analysis tools such as R, Python, SPSS, SAS, and ability to learn more advanced data analysis methods
- Experience with application of experimentation and statistical techniques (such as hypothesis testing, probability distributions, regression, decision trees, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communicator to both technical and business audiences
- Ability to make sound judgement calls independently when presented with difficult decisions, especially when only partial information is available
- Passionate about solving problems – possesses a relentless need for investigation and data exploration
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-moving environment with strong training abilities
- Results and detail-oriented, with strong intuitions on how to solve problems creatively and quickly
Nice to haves:
- Experience in risk analytics
- Good understanding of the fraud space with hands-on knowledge of fraud, payments, and risk
- Proficiency in a local SEA language
- Working experience in a startup environment
Get to know Grab:
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but we have since extended our product platform to include GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress, GrabFood, GrabCoach, GrabShuttle, GrabCycle. We recently launched our fintech platform – GrabFinancial, which consists of payments, lending and insurance. Our latest addition is GrabVentures, an in-house incubation platform. We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in 8 countries. Our R&D offices are in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta and Vietnam. We aspire to unlock the true potential of Southeast Asia and look for like-minded individuals to join us on this ride.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.