BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT GERMANY IS LOOKING FOR A DATA SCIENTIST CONSUMER ANALYTICS – CENTRAL EUROPE NORTH
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Professional
FUNCTION: Strategy, Planning & Insights – Consumer Analytics
LOCATION: Hamburg, Germany
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
In Consumer Analytics Team that belongs to Strategy, Planning and Insights Department, we are constantly looking for new ways to enhance our consumer understanding. We are currently building a new eco-system for consumer data analytics aiming to unlock the potential of big data to enable even more advanced marketing activation. We actively look for candidates that are interested in co-creating this new set-up with us.
The Data Scientist (with data focus) will be responsible for establishing connections to respective data sources, optimizing datasets, building production-ready data science applications and optimizing them using state of the art data science tools and approaches in collaboration with the data engineers and system architects; at times taking over these responsibilities too. This role is officially based in our German hub in Hamburg, Germany.
Reports to: Senior Consumer Insights and Analytics Manager CEN
Geographic Scope: Area responsibility, Central Europe North
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Driving the roadmap of analytics use cases and products from data modelling perspective
- Design and implementation of new predictive systems, algorithms, insights into scalable routines
- Ongoing management/maintenance of existing (statistical) models; monitoring, optimizing and extending of statistical models at scale
- Data visualisation and development of analytics reporting tools for internal stakeholders at all functional levels
- Driving optimisation measures and enhancements for ensuring and improving data quality standards
- Addressing data connectivity challenges in close collaboration with data engineering team
- Knowledge Management needed to understand and maintain data environment and infrastructural improvements required for analytics
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Are you interested in co-creating a new analytics function that delivers insights that drive strategic and operational business decisions?
- Do you like to question status quo, innovate, optimise and improve upon existing systems and data-relevant processes?
- Do you wish to work in a highly collaborative environment with a wide network of cross-functional experts that support you on your analytics journey?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education and work experience required:
- Successfully completed academic studies of computer science, mathematics, machine learning or other technical/scientific studies
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science in collaboration with Data Engineers
- Good understanding of system architecture design and familiarity with data engineering methodologies
- Experience in state-of-the-art machine learning techniques (using technologies such as R/Python, Spark, Power BI)
- Performance tracking approaches like A/B testing for continuous optimization
- Analytical thinking
- Self-driven and fast learner, eager to work with new technologies
- Collaborates well with others with good communication skills
- Exposure to Business Data Domains like Customer Data Management is a plus
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!