This role will be leading the design, development & implementation of high performing and secure data solutions for Ramsay Healthcare UK. You will engage and work closely with a variety of data analysts, business and IT stakeholders and will advise and deliver the best approaches to meet those requirements. This role sits within the Data & Analytics team within the Digital & Technology function, and will form a key part of our growing Data Engineer capability.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be heavily involved in the implementation and development of a new cloud-based, heathcare data platform to providing a single version of the truth to drive improved decision making and insight across all key business functions; this role forms part of a larger team of Data & Analytics professionals.
The key role accountabilities are -
- Managing the consolidation and migration of our legacy data migration to our new cloud data platform
- Implementing new master and transactional data models;
- Using expert knowledge to design and develop ETL pipelines and cloud data storage solutions that meet business requirements, while also taking into consideration non-functional needs
- Using DevOps and agile methods to deliver frequent, prioritised platform fixes & enhancements and partner with data analysts, visualisation engineers and project managers to deliver data solutions
- Surfacing data for analytical consumption and prepare data for ML / predictive and prescriptive models
- Developing expertise with other team members
- Providing quality assurance & challenge existing processes & solutions to maintain data standards & policies including collaborating on the reviewing of policies and procedures
- Designing and implementing appropriate data security using appropriate, modern data technologies
- Maintaining positive, professional, and productive relationships with customers, stakeholders, and other IT staff
- Keeping up-to-date with emerging data engineering, analysis & data science trends and techniques across healthcare
We’d love to hear from you if you are or have –
- 5+ years data engineering experience
- Databricks experience
- In depth experience of building data pipelines on Azure cloud platforms
- Highly proficient in data modelling and data analysis
- Able to interpret and explain complex models in clear language to technical and business stakeholders
- Experience of one or more functional areas across Clinical, Finance, Procurement, Operations, HR, Risk or general NHS / healthcare
- Understand the sensitive nature of healthcare data, understand how to ensure robust security measures are in place to protect patient confidentiality in line with various regulations
- Knowledgeable in data structures and architecture
- Advanced SQL and Python skills
- Experience of working in CICD, DevOps and agile delivery environments
- Are excited about being part of a team helping to improve how we use data and being part of a healthcare organisation of people caring for people
Desirable skills and experience –
- Experience of other cloud providers such as GCP or AWS and data mesh solution architecture
- Familiarity of healthcare terminology and clinical frameworks alongside ethical considerations (i.e. addressing potential biases in data for ML models).
- A degree in computer science or analytical capabilities
- A good grasp of data governance, data quality and data protection policies and practices
- Experience of advanced analytic techniques, R, MLOps etc
- Experience of PowerBI
- Experience of SAP S/4, Workday and clinical applications
- Experience in mentoring
- A growing interest in foundational AI and what this means for healthcare
Why join Ramsay? What’s in it for you?
- Work life balance – our remote working allows you to avoid the commute, but meet face-to-face at key locations to collaborate when required.
- Join a growing team at the start of an exciting new project to shape & deliver value and insight across the organisation and all business functions
- Opportunity to train and mentors others
- Investment in you – SMART objectives, Ramsay Academy and development planning tailored to you
It’s more than what we do, it’s who we are. Everything we do is about striving to deliver the best care. And it's a belief that's as true today as it was when we welcomed our first patients in 1964.
“The Ramsay Way” culture recognises that our people are our most important asset and this has been key to our ongoing success.
We are proud to support the UK’s Armed Forces and Reservists and have already achieved the Silver Award as part of the MOD’s Armed Forces Covenant Employer Recognition Scheme. The scheme recognises employers who actively support Defence while encouraging other organisations to adopt the same behaviours in their workplace. As a company we are committed to supporting the wider Armed Forces community and this includes our staff as well as our patients.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all. This position is subject to background and DBS checks.