SimpTek Technologies - Fredericton, NB:
SimpTek is seeking a Student - Energy Analyst o join our growing team. You will play a crucial role in helping SimpTek make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be on applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products to improve and extend the features used by our existing platform.
We are looking for someone that thrives on the urgency of startups and can leverage data analytics while being creative and is eager to learn and evolve as the job demands. You will be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about building better ways to provide energy insights for buildings. We’re looking for someone who can take ownership, and if you think you have those qualifications, you might be a good fit to join our team!Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analysis
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Integration with 3rd party API’s for data collection and analysis, including weather data, time-series data, and event-based data sets
About SimpTek Technologies:
- 1-2 years experience in similar roles
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN,
- Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits.
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Highcharts.js etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages like SQL.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
We are creating a platform that changes the way utilities, building owners and energy service providers collaborate. By using energy data analytics, SimpTek is building a new way of connecting consumers with personalized products and services to drive towards a zero-carbon world, We call this the Gride Edge EconomyWe can offer you::
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work with passionate and driven individuals
- Flexible schedule
If you were given a set of resumes with the goal to choose the most qualified candidate for the
Data Scientist position at SimpTek, how would you determine the best candidate?