Our PURPOSE—to enable healthier lives everywhere, every day—is driven by a PASSION to become global champions for women’s health. We succeed by fulfilling our PROMISE to bring The Science of Sure®
to life through product quality, clinical differentiation, customer relationships and our team’s talent and engagement.
Our Purpose is simple: to enable healthier lives everywhere, every day. Toward this end, we offer clinically proven products designed to detect, diagnose and treat disease and other health conditions that primarily affect women—earlier and more accurately than ever to provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind. This focus has fueled our long track record of innovative medical breakthroughs across many therapeutic areas—breast health, cervical health, body composition, gynecologic health, perinatal health, skeletal health and sexual health—touching the lives of more than 230 million women around the world every year. In fact, as global champions for women’s health, no company in the world has done more to fight cervical and breast cancer than Hologic—and we will continue to challenge ourselves to ensure that future generations of women have access to our life-saving innovations.
Of course, none of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our collective expertise and dedication to develop and market robust, science-based certainty sustain a pipeline of exceptional solutions that respond to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities. And when we fulfill our purpose and promise to the world, we also fulfill another goal: a business that generates sustainable global financial growth from which success and prosperity for our company, employees and investors naturally follow.
Our team develops advanced image processing and machine learning algorithms for cutting-edge A.I. based medical imaging products. We are a dynamic group of scientists and engineers, with diverse backgrounds from image processing, computer vision, medical imaging, pattern recognition and machine learning, working collaboratively in a high energy environment on innovative imaging products that save lives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out machine learning research, including investigating and evaluating latest deep learning algorithms
- Develop machine learning and pattern recognition algorithms for medical imaging applications, including detecting and classifying objects in 2D and 3D medical images
- Implement custom machine learning codes and algorithms, deploy the machine learning solutions and algorithms into production
- Support optimizations to improve the performance and scalability of our machine learning architecture and infrastructure
- Design and implement sophisticated image processing and analysis algorithms
- Design and develop products that can provide workflow and visualization solutions for radiology
- Automate and optimize our internal development tools, scripts and processes
- Create software tools for effective algorithm training and testing, perform software validation and verification, maintain programs including trouble-shooting service request cases and performing bug-fixes & modifications
- Carry out literature research, investigate and evaluate existing technologies
- Communicate ideas and brainstorm with fellow researchers on ideas and problems
- Proficiency with C/C++ programming in a Windows environment is required
- Experience with Python, TensorFlow is highly desired
- Advanced degree with research experience in machine learning and image analysis is required
- Good documentation and communication skills should be beneficial
- Extensive prior experience with machine learning algorithm (including deep learning) is required
- Prior experience with image processing algorithm development with medical imaging applications is beneficial; extensive background knowledge in computer vision is also beneficial
- Prior experience with GPU programming (CUDA) and GPU optimization is beneficial
- Prior experience with breast imaging modality and/or Ultrasound imaging is beneficial
- Master and above degree with background in image processing and machine learning
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
- Organization name: CAD Science, Advanced Technology Development
- Position reports to: Director, CAD Science
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.