Country: United Kingdom
Function: Marketing & Sales
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
We are looking looking to hire a new amazing colleague!
About the role
BAT and the whole tobacco/nicotine industry is entering the most dynamic period of change in recent years. Transforming tobacco through Potentially Reduced Risk Products (PRRPs) plays a key role in BAT’s strategy as it is linked with sustainable innovation.
PRRPs enjoy more marketing freedom than combustibles, allowing us to imbed data-driven marketing model. The Consumer Analytics team is responsible for getting a deep understanding and monitoring of an identified consumer’s relation with our Brands.
The Data Scientist is a specialized technical role within the newly set up Consumer Analytics team at BAT responsible for generating actionable insights using advanced analytics. The team works closely with the Global Category & Brand teams, Marketing Activation team & New Product Development teams along with key End markets to enable strategic decision making.
- Use expert knowledge of data science techniques and statistics to regularly deliver complex projects within the areas of Social & Consumer Analytics
- Demonstrate a culture of analytical ‘curiosity’ through innovative, data driven insights on business questions
- Create advanced analytics products with SQL, Python and data visualization tools to generate actionable insight that enables buy in
- Implement a highly visual and commercial approach when delivering data science projects that engages and challenges the thinking of non / less technical audiences
- Lead the scoping, planning, design and delivery of data analytics activities Chair the weekly Global Manufacturing Departmental meeting on as near as possible to an IWS basis.
- Manage and collaborate with the vendor ecosystem to build bespoke solutions by leveraging the best data and AI tools
- Collaborate with Technology Data Platform team, in terms of data engineering, model deployment and architecture activities to jointly build reusable and scalable solutions
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Passion and curiosity to understand consumer behavior and examples of how your previous work has enabled Consumer centric business decisions
- Ability to understand complex business problems, prototype solutions by making use of Data Science Toolkit (Math’s & Stats, Programming, Machine Learning, Data & Models Governance, Communication & Visualization etc).
- Proficiency in programming languages and data visualization tools – Python, SQL, Power BI etc.
- Proven track record building statistical tools, models, and natural language processing insights
- Good communication skills, to gain confidence and understanding for complex solutions from a variety of non-expert stakeholders in the organization
- Proven ability in taking ownership of projects, collaborating with multiple internal and external teams in the agile development of data science products
- 4+ years working in Agency/Consultancy/Marketing services or Client background, preferably in an insight & analytics function
- Advanced degree in a quantitative subject with a focus in quantitative methods, statistics and/or equivalent working experience in the data analytics space
- FMCG/Telecom/Retail specific experience desirable
- Self-drive for learning and innovation, keeping up to date on latest analytical technologies, architectures etc.
- Displays leadership characteristics; able to inspire & develop team members
- Comfortable in matrix organization structures, works collaboratively and not easily fazed by ambiguity
- Has the confidence to challenge
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: Nicoventures Trading Ltd (GBCR)