Your time is now to be your exceptional best at Old Mutual!
We have an exciting opportunity to rebuild data pipelines into AWS.
Old Mutual Group Forensic Services (GFS) is mandated to not only investigate allegations of fraud, corruption, and misconduct, but also to support business in managing fraud risk via transaction analysis and pro-active measures.
As part of this mandate, we utilize data streams across the enterprise. This role would allow you to take a leading role in setting down the required pipelines in AWS, and in this you would be facilitating the effective management of fraud risk.
Key Result Areas
- Solutions development and maintenance
- Development, support, and management of Forensic and AML solutions,
- Optimization and maintenance of solutions, including AWS, SSIS processes and other relevant technologies, and
- Integration of business processes into Forensic services, or vice versa (using API’s etc).
- Data Management
- Support team in managing data quality and integrity, and
- Identify and influence resolution of data quality issues.
- Provide steer to GFS development team
- Oversight of design and implementation regarding GFS infrastructure components,
- Optimization of infrastructure / architecture,
- Maintain the ETL frameworks and
- Create easily understandable technical documentation that are kept up to date.
- Manage relationships with business, infrastructure, and application support teams.
- Assist in managing fraud risk.
- Provide ad hoc administrative, data analysis, project management and/or development support.
Qualifications, Skills And Experience
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology, Information Systems or Computer Science
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Enterprise IT environments, and
- Proven knowledge and experience working with AWS / AMS. Within this, specific experience required:
- Full Data Stack implementation using AWS, Nifi, SQL, Python, CloudFormation, GitHub.
- Comfortable in working with new AWS technologies, example GLUE, Athena, S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Redshift, AWS CLI.
- Knowledge and experience in any / all the following would be an advantage:
- Data / Systems integration (e.g., using APIs) experience,
- Solid designing and technical development experience,
- SSIS experience including the ability to ingest and output DB (SQL, Oracle), XML, csv, JSON and other flat file types,
- SQL coding, troubleshooting, data validations and cleansing (SQL 2014 / SQL 2016 / SQL 2017),
- Experience in MS SQL Stack – SSIS / SSAS / SSRS,
- Solid Microsoft SQL warehouse experience,
- Programming experience in C#, VB.NET or Python,
- Creating bat files, PowerShell scripts and BCP,
- GIT Source Control experience,
- Fuzzy Matching processes,
- Machine learning, e.g., facial recognition technology, and
- Agile development methodology.
The appointment will be made from the designated group in line with the Employment Equity Plan of Old Mutual South Africa and the specific business unit in question.
Microsoft SQL Server, Python (Programming Language), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Bachelors Degree (B): Information Technology (Required), National Diploma (Nat Dip): Information Technology (Required)
23 September 2022
Old Mutual Limited is pro-vaccination and encourages its workforce to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
All prospective employees are required to disclose their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
Please refer to the Old Mutual’s Covid-19 vaccination policy for further detail. Kindly note that Old Mutual reserves the right to reinstate the requirement to vaccinate at any point if it is of the view that it is imperative to do so.