The Senior Data Analyst maintains current data workloads on-premises and be integral to transitioning data workloads to the cloud. This role has a dedicated focus in supporting business needs for accurate, quality, timely data delivery. This role is responsible for the development and implementation of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Business Intelligence (BI) software solutions. The Senior Data Analyst will proactively resolve complex technical issues and use innovative thinking in delivery of Data delivery solutions; including making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and issue resolution.
This role acts as a consultative partner by providing expertise, analysis and advice to internal and external stakeholders of BCLC. This role ensures data integrity, security and performance in order for the business to provide products and services to its customers.
- Produces Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions including requirements review and translation, detailed technical specifications, input into overall architecture considerations, data modeling, development of required data warehouse & OLAP objects, consultation to QA activities, and implementation.
- Gathers business requirements and artifacts and directs product development by monitoring and collecting feedback from users and liaising with vendors and stakeholders to provide detailed specifications and solutions to meet business needs.
- Assists in defining guidelines and metrics for all data parameters, including collaboration with the BI and Data Governance teams to build and maintain a strong data governance framework, guidelines and best practices.
- Conducts research and analysis to develop creative ideas and processes for issues resolution and innovative ways to improve the performance, functionality and integrity of BCLC’s analytics and gaming systems.
- Performs capacity planning, ongoing maintenance and tuning to ensure sustained availability of BCLC’s products and services.
- Communicates system maintenance and upgrades to all stakeholders and executes these activities with minimal system downtime/business impact, following procedures that are in line with the business for projects and operational activities.
- Builds operational and tactical relationships with other product teams and capabilities to promote cross-skilling (T-skills) in data intelligence and delivery.
- Evaluates and promotes the adoption of new technologies and methods to deploy services.
- Establishes and maintains vendor relationships with technical products supported and maintained within the data services capability.
QualificationsEducation and Experience
- University degree in an appropriate discipline or college diploma in a computer program, supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
- Certification in one of the following or similar professional certifications disciplines
Example OCP, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, CISSP, CCNA;
- 3 to 5 years demonstrated experience in a business oriented data processing role which includes designing, application development, managing and administering servers and their databases;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
Minimum Technical Requirements
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with all facets of data and analytics from Data Warehousing to Business Intelligence;
- Experience developing Data Pipelines and ETL solutions;
- Experience with SQL and the ability to create complex queries and joins;
- Strong data analysis and data modeling skills;
- Demonstrated ability and experience relational and optionally NoSQL databases;
- Experience dealing with large data sets;
- Experience with one or more SQL/PLSQL/T-SQL, Python, Spark, Windows scripting and Linux shell scripting skills;
- Experience with Linux or Windows system administration;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
Preferred Technical Requirements
- Experience developing software solutions using the IBM Cognos suite and InfoSphere, ETL software offerings such as Data Stage and Data Manager;
- Familiarity with database platform such as Microsoft SQL, Oracle and MySQL;
- Data warehousing technical skills and abilities including multi-dimensional modeling, report development;
- Experience with cloud services such as S3, Kinesis, AppFlow, API Gateway, Transfer Family, Migration Services, Glue, Glue DataBrew, Lamdba, Athena and SageMaker are considered an asset;
- Automation, DevOps, DataOps experience considered an asset;
- DBaaS experience and exposure in AWS or Azure considered an asset;
- Technical skills utilizing Big Data and Data Lake considered an asset;
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS and SSIS;
- Experience working in an Agile or cross-functional team environment considered an asset;
- ITIL V3 Foundations;
- Must be able to work flexible hours and provide after-hours support as needed.
Please Note This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada