We are seeking a talented Senior Data Engineer to help build next generation Security Analytics product from ground-up.
Working with a team of data scientist and engineers, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based Security Analytics product.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys’ next generation Micro-Services based technology platform processing over a 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open-source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
- Work as part of Data Science team to gather requirements for developing and deploying machine learning models.
- Carry out technical analysis, design, and support projects involving Data Pipelines.
- Create, document, and maintain a processing pipeline for a real-time data streaming platform. Logstash, Fluentd, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Streamsets, Python, Spark, and Java/Scala.
- Collaborate with external security, development, and business teams to provide monitoring, analytics, and dashboard solutions.
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future.
- Deploys application code and analytical models using CI/CD tools and techniques, and supports deployed data applications and analytical models.
- Researching and implementing for code design, adoption of new technologies and skills.
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in designing, developing and delivering scalable data processing pipelines.
- 4+ years of Python/ JAVA /Scala development experience with Microservices architecture.
- 2+ years of experience in PySpark, Lucene / Elastic Search.
- 2+ years of experience in Apache Kafka, Apache Flink.
- 1+ years of experience with Hadoop Ecosystem.
- Strong logical skills for code design and implementation.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Good knowledge of SQL, advanced data structures, design patterns, object-oriented principles.
- Solid understanding of RDBMS preferably Oracle.
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with API, SDKs and third-party integration.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of cybersecurity products such as Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Vulnerability Management, Antivirus.
- Knowledge of Security log sources.