We are recruiting for a Business Data Analyst, based in Calgary. Reporting to the Manager, Measurement Instrumentation, you will work closely with Spartan’s three Measurement Business Units. You will act as a key liaison with Spartan’s Business Analysts, I.T., Data Analytics team, and our multiple Inside Sales teams to ensure data integrity and to support a variety of business reporting needs. You will work with Managers and other decision makers to extract, review and analyze data used to support business decisions.
The successful candidate will possess strong skills in problem solving, communication, collaboration and organizing of priorities. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a positive outgoing personality, strong relationship building skills, solid technical/business analysis capabilities, and attention to detail are all attributes required for this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as the interface to our Data Analytics (DA) team, representing the Measurement Instrumentation Business Units (Measurement, Flow, and Remote Automation)
- Price Maintenance
- Review and assist in creating and updating procedures to streamline implementation of pricing changes
- Analyze and implement changes in pricing models
- Support the scoping, interpretation, and implementation of pricing changes
- Communicate changes
- Aid in material classification
- Interpret and understand data models and assist with defining data consistently within the Measurement Instrumentation business systems
- Validate parts, majors, kits classification
- Maintain quality of data, coordinate changes as required
- Work with the Measurement Instrumentation Business Units, Inside Sales and Operations Managers
- Support Principal Review activities
- Aid in design, setup, and testing of business results reports
- Create and maintain recurring and ad-hoc reporting, supporting the interpretation and troubleshooting of the underlying data. Aid in design and testing as required.
- Analyze business results and underlying data such as revenue, costs, margin, profit center assignment, inventory, etc.
- Activate your entrepreneurial mindset and utilize your data analytics skills to identify opportunities for business improvement
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree in a related field (Technical, Administrative or Business). Looking for a combination of education and experience
- Education in Data Analytics or Data Science from a Post-secondary institute is an asset.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Detailed knowledge of business systems preferred (SAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, Atlas (Internal System))
- Proven problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and collaboration skills
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and business fundamentals, an asset
- Must have strong attention to detail, a commitment to quality. Must be results-driven and customer-focused
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as effective listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Ability to find patterns in data, use judgment to make appropriate decisions and take the necessary action
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Entrepreneurial work ethic
Close Date: July 22, 2021 11:59 p.m. MST