The Customer and International Business Development Division (C&I) is responsible for providing quality wagering experience to local and overseas customers of The Hong Kong Jockey Club. It operates 88 Race Meetings a year, 37 Simulcasts days, a thrice-weekly Mark 6 Draw, 7X24 Digital Channels, 7X24 Football Betting Services on over 11,000 different leagues per year. The ultimate aim is to provide an impressive total customer experience leading to sustainable turnover growth in a responsible manner.
With around 100 off-course betting branches and 2 racecourses, Retail and Telebet Services Department is committed to provide quality and efficient service to our customers throughout Hong Kong.
The Data Scientist Team is crucial to Retail and Telebet Services Department. The Team transforms customer and operation data into valuable business insights and builds AI models and actionable plans to improve customer experience and different aspects in operations.
develop AI / IoT ideas and solidify into a AI pipeline that is applicable to the Club’s Retail environment, that would benefit on automation, customer satisfaction and cost savings.
- collaborate with stakeholders across different levels / departments to identify trends to assist management in making strategic and data-driven decisions as well as uncovering potential business opportunities.
- apply big data and machine learning algorithms, across different database sources (internal and external) to formulate the customer analytics model.
- perform efficient statistical analysis and provide innovative solutions by analysing high complexity data set.
- develop data pipeline, manage and rollout for AI and Automation projects.
- ensure compliance with Responsible Gambling Policy (RGP) and all relevant legal requirements pertaining to wagering, thereby protecting the integrity of the Club’s business.
- undertake other duties as assigned by Line Manager.
You should have:
- a Bachelor degree or above in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or related disciplines.
- a minimum of 5 years’ working experience in a modeling/analysis role (Statistical, AI, Operational Research or other disciplines)
- not less than 3 years of solid experience in big data/AI/machine learning projects
- strong programming skills (R, Python or similar language) and experience in database languages (SQL)
- experience with Linux, Docker, Pig, Kubernetes
- a self-learning and curious mindset; striving for continuous growth and improvement
- strong analytical and problem solving skills to drive actionable solutions
- team management and supervision skills
- keep abreast of latest developments in AI and the ability to implement it
- hands-on experience with the following will be an added advantageous : IoT knowledge, recommendation engine, NLP, image/video recognition, etc.
- Data Engineer, Data Analyst, Machine Learning Specialist will also be considered
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club's notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.