You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
A new role can expand your knowledge and your network, and help you learn more about our business. If you think this opportunity is a fit for your career you should apply. If you are not sure you can have a conversation with your manager.
Ready to grow your career leveraging the latest DATA technologies? Join a fast-paced and talented Agile Scrum Data Science team to unlock Data Capabilities for The Hartford. You will have an opportunity to participate in the entire software development lifecycle process in support of continuous DATA delivery, while growing your knowledge with emerging technologies. We use the latest DATA technologies, software engineering practices, Agile delivery framework, and are passionate about technology and building well architected and innovative solutions that drive optimal business value generation. This cutting edge and forward focused team presents the opportunity for collaboration, self-organization within the Scrum Team and visibility as we focus on continuous Business data delivery.
What’s in it for you?
- Experience deeper understanding of Data analysis, Emerging technologies, and Development practices.
- Collaboration with a high-performing, forward-focused team, Product Owner(s) and Business stakeholder(s) engagement.
- Develop deeper understanding of data pipelines and implementation of Data Science/Machine Learning Models.
- Learn and utilize languages/tools such as SQL, Python, Pyspark, PL/SQL, Amazon EMR, Snowflake, etc. to develop data assets that support organizational decision making via prototyping, data discovery, profiling, etc.
- Appreciation and opportunity to learn and support rapid software construction and deployment using a mix of technologies.
Opportunity to expand your communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization capabilities.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment – driving business outcomes in Agile ways of working.
- Enable and influence the timely and successful delivery of business data capabilities and/or technology objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree with desired educational experience include, but are not limited to: Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Applied Mathematics, and Business.
- Desire candidates with prior Data Engineer/ETL competencies.
- Understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of ETL and data management strategies, tools, principles, and practices.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership/accountability, and results oriented with the ability to manage time and schedules effectively
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and Python.
Experience in the following disciplines is preferred:
- Prior experience working with languages/tools such as SQL, Python, Pyspark, PL/SQL, Amazon EMR, Snowflake, Airflow, GITHUB, rally etc.
- Ability to set and manage own priorities effectively in a dynamic organization.
- Ability to work as part of and with high performing teams.
- Preferred experience in Enterprise Data warehouse and Analytical Data Mart.
- Exposure/Experience into Cloud (AWS) Technologies
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$90,320 - $162,720
Our company’s success is due to our employees’ dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That’s why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Sr Data Engineer - GE07BE