Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Job DescriptionAbout Global Commercial Payments Platform
We are working on multiple technology stacks and want to add a highly motivated Engineer to our Commercial Payments organization in Foster City, CA. Visa's Commercial Payments organization is responsible for managing Visa's B2B Payment Global adoption on Cross-Border funds movement, innovation agenda and the management of strategic partnerships with critical financial institutions. This group is responsible for defining and building the Non-Card based payment innovation and product for Visa Inc. Globally. This includes:
- Distributed-Ledger based Cross border payment platform
- Near time Settlement
- Enterprise ID stamping to create a digital identity for corporate entities
- Hyperledger chain-code development
- End-to-End Payment eco-system
- Analytics and Data visualization
You can learn more about our work here:
Visa B2B Connect Launches in 32 Countries
Visa B2B Connect Launches GloballyEssential Functions
- Work on emerging technologies, building distributed applications
- Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Software Engineers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of new data driven business solutions.
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards.
- Collaborate with senior technical staff and PM to identify, document, plan contingency, track and manage risks and issues until all are resolved
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Partner with Product on implementation strategy.
5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
MS in Computer Science or related field
2+ years of experience with distributed software development
Hands-on experience with all aspects of software development: data, server-side, UI, and open-source software.
Experience with Linux, Open source, C++ or Java, client-server apps
Expertise in at least two of the following: Java / Go / Scala / Python,
Knowledge of developing Data Pipeline, including Ingestion, Transformation, Extraction etc. is expected
Experience in large Data Pipeline handing is a big plus
Familiar with container strategies and ecosystems such as Docker, Kubernetes
Knowledge of cloud architecture and scalable solutions including orchestration
BlockChain technical expertise is a plusAdditional Information
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.