We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the center, discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. In October 2020, IBM announced it's intention to separate the IT Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies - IBM and Kyndryl. The spin-off is expected to be completed by the end of 2021. To find out more about Kyndryl, including information relating to privacy, please visit Kyndryl.com.
Please be aware Kyndryl will continue to use some IBM systems for a certain period after spin-off. This means when you sign up to either the IBM or Kyndryl candidate portal, you will have the benefit of being able to see and apply for IBM and Kyndryl jobs and to access information about IBM and Kyndryl jobs you have applied to, for a limited period from either candidate portal. If you have already signed up as a candidate on IBM’s portal, please continue to use this account to access IBM and Kyndryl jobs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Data & AI Services team in Kyndryl is building new innovative AIOPS solution by combining big data with Machine Learning and Deep Learning
AIOPS refers to multi-layered technology platforms that automate and enhance IT operations by using analytics and machine learning to analyse big data collected from various IT operations tools and devices, in order to automatically spot and react to issues in real time. AIOPS bridges three different IT disciplines—service management, performance management, and automation—to accomplish its goals of continuous insights and improvements.
Some of the Solutions we work involve the following
Ø Real time anomaly detection solutions that proactively identify service impacting incidents and prevent system downtimes. This is done by leveraging an ensemble of Deep learning and LSTM models.
Ø Natural Language Processing for entity, topic clusters and relationship extraction
Ø Text Analytics in human generated tickets and correlation with event tickets for event noise reduction. ApplyNatural Language Classification and RNN algorithms to automatically route tickets
Ø Log Analysis - Text mining, message clustering / templatization, Logs to metrics, anomaly detection, event annotation and sequencing
Ø Learn Log Message Sequence for each mainframe batch job and Identify Anomalies during job runs using sequence mining techniques and provide early warning / alerts
Ø Cloud Migration - Patterns-based discovery optimization: Identify potential business application boundaries using algorithmic approach from Cloudscape data.
Ø Wave planner: Employ goal-based reasoning from AI planning capabilities for Server affinity, cost, time, black-out windows, etc.
To power the above use cases, we have a Big Data system that can handle 2-3 TB of data daily and we manage a data lake that is 15 PB in size.
As a Principal Data Scientist, you will be responsible for identifying and supporting current and new hypotheses. With your understanding of complex concepts, you will translate hypotheses into actionable items that are understandable by non-technical business users.
As a Principal Data Scientist you will take the lead to provide strategic direction on large scale business problems. You understand challenges in multiple business domains, are able to discover new business opportunities and at times you may not even fully understand what the problem is before starting. The problems we address are significantly complex and we expect you to lead excellence in our data science methodologies. You have scientific and industrial maturity to deliver designs and algorithms that set the standard for the organization. You have a distinct ability to identify and implement robust, efficient and scalable solutions that leverage multiple techniques and/or technologies. You will gather, evaluate and document business use cases in the IT Infrastructure and Cloud domain and translate them to data science solution definition . You will Provide guidance and architecture support to platform development teams and oversee the development from initial concept to production deployment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master's degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering or finance
- 6+ years of industrial experience in implementing data science or AI solutions from exploration to production
- 3+ years of experience in a responsible senior or team lead role managing a team of data scientists who develop robust machine learning models to solve actual business problems
- Extensive overview of applied methods in statistics, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Solid understanding of data analytics infrastructure and data engineering: data storage and retrieval, ETL pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of software engineering practices such as version control, continuous delivery, unit testing, documentation, release management
- Experience in natural language processing, text analytics, data mining, text processing or other AI subdomains and techniques
- Experience with Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, NLTK
- Experience with leveraging best practices conducting advanced analytics projects
- Experience building scalable machine learning applications and deploying them in production
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Experience with open-source distributed data processing frameworks, such as Spark
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience working on a development team building product
- Experience with presenting complex data science processes/information to non-data scientists
- Experience with Information Retrieval and relevant tools such as Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr
- Experience with conducting projects from requirements generation, annotation, and modeling, through NLP output deliverables and management of internal/external clients
- Prioritization skills; ability to manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects
State / Province
City / Township / Village
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary job category
Role ( Job Role )
(Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?