Join us as a Chapter Lead (m/f/d) to empower our Data Scientist team at MOIA!
MOIA is an innovative mobility company that will change people’s lives by re-imagining urban mobility. MOIA will create services that enable more people to move more freely and securely, ultimately making cities better places to live. We will free up the movement of people and goods within cities while making mobility accessible to everyone. That means we will:
- Make city traffic clean, safe and silent
- Create more time and space for people
- Bring affordable and convenient mobility to everybody
In virtually every part of our products we rely on using data to invent and improve. You will work in a highly skilled cross functional team of Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists responsible for turning data into knowledge needed for our success.
What is a Chapter Lead at MOIA?
As a Chapter Lead, you will have a 50:50 role of people responsibilities and day-to-day work. You are not only responsible for the development and growth of your chaptees, coaching, but also being involved and being hands-on in the daily task and business.
What you will do
- Recruit, inspire, manage, and grow your chaptees, ensuring everyone has adequate growth opportunities
- Mentor data scientists, so that they profit from your experience and become even better at their craft
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain machine learning models to enhance MOIA’s products
- Investigate complex patterns in diverse data sources, write research reports, and explain the results to business stakeholders in plain English
- You will be part of a team where continuous integration, peer reviews, code reviews, are practiced
What will help you to fulfil your role
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving problems, is excited to work in high-performance teams, and can thrive in a startup culture.
- You are interested in coaching and mentoring your chaptees in their careers and acting as a true multiplier across the organization
- Several years of work experience as a Data Scientist in a commercial environment
- Experience with building, refining, deploying and maintaining machine learning models at scale, the ability to intuitively select the right model type for the right situation and justify the choice clearly
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least two of the following or similar languages: Python, SQL, R, Julia
- Experience with Dataframes is a big plus
- Knowledge on data visualization with tools like Matplotlib, ggplot2 or similar
- Effective communication skills with fellow data scientists and business stakeholders
- Eagerness to work in a hands-on, autonomous and cross-functional team
- Fluent communication in English is a must
Be who you are!
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or cognitive ability, and ethnicity. At MOIA we embrace a culture, where people feel accepted, respected, valued, appreciated, and included.
We offer unconscious bias training regularly for all our employees. We are working on making our hiring process as inclusive as possible, such as ensuring a diverse hiring panel. To reinforce an unbiased screening process, we kindly ask you not to include any photograph in your application.
Our Benefits in a nutshell
- Competitive salary including bonus
- Flexible working hours & work arrangements
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Public transport ticket (full coverage) & discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidisation of a fitness club membership or a Swapfiets/JobRad
- Continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings & workshops, conferences & language classes
- Mental health trainings and consultation & company doctor
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support
- Dog-friendly offices (only in HH)
Get more insights on how we work on our blog or follow us on Twitter.