At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The Data Engineer is a part of the Data Analytics team within the Business operations organization. He/she will be charged with uncovering insights and opportunities from ADT’s operational systems. This role involves extracting and analyzing data across business units and functions, identifying trends and opportunities for improvement, and creating new optimal ways to present information. The ideal candidate will be able to employ various analytical and statistical tools for evaluating trends and measuring performance against qualitative and quantitative objectives. The individual will combine hard skills like programming, statistics, data modeling with soft skills like communication, analytical thinking, and problem-solving. The candidates need to have a well-rounded background to balance the line between IT, data science, and the business.
The position will be based in Boca Raton, Florida.
The ideal candidate will have deep working knowledge of various analytical and statistical tools and methodologies for uncovering driving traits and measuring performance against qualitative and quantitative objectives. The individual will need to have a strong sense of problem solving through analytical thinking.Position Responsibilities:
- Experience with data extraction, cleansing and normalization of data inconsistencies
- Analyze ADT operational, 3rd party, and/or big data
- Ownership of projects and processes – Ability to work independently and turn an ambiguous business request into a root-cause analysis and ongoing insights
- Perform and create useful data views and write stored procedures in Microsoft SQL environment for easy data consumption that will be used for data modeling/reporting
- Leverage business intelligence tools to automate existing reporting and develop new reports and dashboards on performance reporting
- Validate data sources for Tableau reporting
- Standardize Tableau reporting
- Work within the IT and analytics teams across the organization to find insights and develop data solutions
- Work with business teams to prepare models and reports that interpret behavior, opportunities, conditions, results, and trends
- Generate insights that improve the business
Skills and Capabilities:
- Five years of experience working in Analytics, business intelligence, and reporting.
- Expertise and proven proficiency with SQL and/or Oracle query languages
- Expertise with Tableau, OBIEE, or equivalent tools
- Proven ability in analyzing large datasets to gain insights and provide quick data driven recommendations
- Ability to develop working tables and data marts that can be referenced and leveraged across multiple users
- Experience working within a big data environment preferred
- Experience owning design, development, and implementation of reporting that is leveraged by a large audience for decision making purposes
- Outstanding analytical skills; comfortable working with, interpreting and presenting data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be organized, driven, analytical, and exhibit critical thinking skills
- 4-year college degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar highly quantitative area of focus with a graduate degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience working in Analytics, business intelligence, and reporting.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.