There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.Job DescriptionResponsibilities:
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Develop data architecture and ETL solutions using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies.
- Enhance existing data systems and optimizing ETL systems
- Lead development activities to migrate out of legacy technologies to GM's Big Data Platform
- Mentor & coach junior developers to develop software development skills in Data Engineering technologies
- Communicate and maintain Master Data, Metadata, Data Management Repositories, Logical Data Models, Data Standards
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build industrialized analytic datasets and delivery mechanisms that utilize the data pipeline to deliver actionable insights into vehicle quality, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with business partners on data-related technical issues and develop requirements to support their data infrastructure needs
- Create highly consistent and accurate analytic datasets suitable for business intelligence and data scientist team members
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with Big Data Tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Master databases - Advanced SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra, Oracle and Greenplum
- Data Wrangling and Preparation using PySpark, Jupyter etc.
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with Agile teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsand ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Creativeproblem-solvingskillsthat deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- Strongteamworkfocus (live by the team, die by the team)and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- 7 or more years with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer scienceor related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.