DIRECTV is seeking a Senior Professional, Big Data Engineer responsible for interpreting the requirements of various Data Analytic Use Cases and Scenarios, and driving the design, development and implementation of specific data models and source to target mappings to ultimately help drive better business decisions through insights from a combination of external and DIRECTV data assets. In this role, you will gather and mine large scale structured and unstructured data and validate data by running various data tools in the CDO Environment. The Engineer will engage best practices to ingest, analyze, validate, normalize, and clean data.Here's what you’ll do:
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Work with data users, data scientists, and leaders to create and develop data integrations and data models (data products) which requires synthesizing or anonymizing data.
- Design and develop scalable data warehousing solutions, building ETL/ELT pipelines in Databricks leveraging python and SQL (cloud, on-prem, hybrid).
- Diagnose and solve platform and data issues - perform root cause analysis and apply solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and data governance within Jira and Alation.
- Perform data analysis and profiling, meet with application SME's to understand source data model and translate it to Dimensional model.
This is a remote position located in Ontario, Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent fields preferred.
- Familiarity with Data Modeling techniques and Data Warehousing standard methodologies and practices.
- Familiarity with the concepts of data mesh.
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems such as Spark, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, Presto, PySpark) to query and process data.
- Experience with at least one major MPP or cloud database technology (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query).
- Advanced SQL, python, and scripting skills (Experience in Databricks preferred).
- Experience in visualization tool such as Tableau, Power BI.
A career with us comes with big rewards:
DIRECTV's compensation structure is designed to be market-competitive and fully supports efforts to attract and retain employees. It is the company's policy to offer pay that is competitive with other employers in the local market. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
The Base Salary range displayed below reflects the minimum and maximum target salary for the Canada Labor Market Zone. Within the range, individual pay is determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.DIRECTV WAGE ZONES: $111,400 CAD - $167,000 CAD
Please note that the salary ranges reflect base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits - when you consider all of these together, it represents a pretty impressive total compensation package.Apply today!